Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13-ap0004np
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Spectre x360 13-ap0004np, and I would like to connect 2 external monitors, one of which is old and only has VGA connection, whereas the other is a new with HDMI.

I bought the HP USB-C Travel Dock (https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-spectre-usb-c%E2%84%A2-travel-dock) and when I connect both only the HDMI is detected, and when I disconnect the HDMI automatically the VGA is detected.

Question:

Is there a way I can connect both these monitors at the same time, even if extra adapters are needed? The laptop monitor is not relevant in this case.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Canochas

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

You can use either VGA or HDMI separately not at the same time.

You could however, use the USB Type-C to Type-C or via display port to one monitor as you have thunderbolt and use either HDMI or VGA to the other monitor.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried the following setup but it didn't work:

1) HDMI monitor with HDMI to USB-C adapter: no video on the monitor

2) VGA monitor with VGA - HDMI adapter: besides no video on the monitor, the screen on the laptop would shut down

Any idea on what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Canochas
Thank you for posting back. 

Connect First External Monitor Connect the first external monitor to the white DVI or blue VGA port on the rear of the HP laptop.  
If the video connector on the monitor cable does not match the Video Out connector on the rear of the laptop, connect a DVI-to-VGA adapter or VGA-to-DVI adapter to the laptop first, then connect the monitor cable to the port on the adapter.

Step 1: Connect the second display
Step 2: Configure the display

Step 3: Enhance and personalize your displays (optional) Click here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04641829 to complete the troubleshooting steps.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.