Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 13-ah0503na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This laptop only has 1 USB-C port to which I connect today one of my external monitor.

However I need to connect to my 2 external monitors.

My previous HP Envy had 2 USB-C port so that was not an issue.

How can I connect to my 2 external monitors? (both monitors have VGA and HDMI ports).

Today I use the provided USB-C to HDMI adaptor to power my first external monitor.

thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@glxsell

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concern

Since the Notebook has only 1 USB Type C, I suggest you use a Splitter. You can purchase the USB -C to HDMI Multi-Monitor Adapter from any computer store or online.

You can check out this Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/USB-HDMI-Multi-Monitor-Adapter-Splitter/dp/B07667D37V

Hope this helps

Keep me posted if you need further assistance

Thank you and have a wonderful day ðŸ˜Š

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@glxsell

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concern

Since the Notebook has only 1 USB Type C, I suggest you use a Splitter. You can purchase the USB -C to HDMI Multi-Monitor Adapter from any computer store or online.

You can check out this Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/USB-HDMI-Multi-Monitor-Adapter-Splitter/dp/B07667D37V

Hope this helps

Keep me posted if you need further assistance

Thank you and have a wonderful day ðŸ˜Š

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey Krazytoad, Thx for your response.

Quick question on these spliters... I assume then there is enough power coming out of the USB-C port of the HP Envy to send the signal to 2 external monitors then?

Will they be considered by Win10 as 3 separate monitors (laptop screen + 2 external ones) ? so if I select extend displays it will work with 3 independent screens?

Cheers

G

HP Recommended

@glxsell

If you extend the display, then it should work on all 3 monitors ðŸ˜Š

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Great thx for your response. Wasn't sure there would be enough power hence my question...

Thx for this

G

HP Recommended

Hello,

thank you very much for this solution. Should this work also for the following model?

HP ENVY 13-aq0003na

Thank you very much in advance,

Best Regards,

Luca

HP Recommended

@LP84,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how to connect multiple monitors to your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Yes, the suggested steps should help you as well. Your computer also has the same ports available and you can use an adapter to connect multiple monitors or purchase a docking station based on your requirement.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Perfect, thank you very much for your very helpful and prompt answer.

Cheers,

Luca

HP Recommended

You are welcome @LP84

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.