Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 13-ay0045au

I have my envy x360 13 2020 model. I'm recently experiencing a wered issue with my display. Some time there is a white border around my screen. I verified, it is not a softwere issue as I booted a linux mint usb media and there is also that white border. There is no accident no damageon screen. this border does last for around 10mins and vanishes. Here a example with diffrent wallpaper.

photo_2023-02-10_17-06-50.jpgphoto_2023-02-10_17-06-45.jpg 

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, it just started yesterday.

HP Recommended

Do you have any clue that what is causing this issue? Pls let me know. i'm very worried that it may cause a permenent damage.

HP Recommended

I’m unsure. I’ve contacted support and run through a diagnostics process. Waiting to hear back after the weekend. 

HP Recommended

Man I just came back from going upstairs to find this is happening to mine too. Is this a update issue? There was an update a few days ago. Yours goes after 15 mins? I will test and see if mine goes away too otherwise its back to HP. It shouldn't be doing this, this sucks!

HP Recommended

Can you also post screen shot of the display issue. I have same problem. It would be helpful to HP product team, and they may look into the issue from product standpoint to fix it.

HP Recommended

Surprisingly same Model: 

HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 13-ay0045au

HP Recommended

You post a screen shot it would be helpful. 

HP Recommended

Sorry I was panicking too much to take a screen shot and it went after half an hour, but it looked exactly the same as the image posted by the person who started this thread. It looked like the fake snow people spray in the corner of their windows at christmas. The screen issue appears to be related to heat. I have had a few issues where the envy 360 heats up if it is closed and still connected to power through usb-c. I don't think it happens if connected to power in the dc socket and it doesn't seem to happen when the computer is in hibernate mode, only when it is in sleep mode. I frantically searched the internet last night and found quite a few people who all had the same problem and say that it goes after a few minutes or hours and one person who said it was down to heat creeping in to the screen assembly. It actually seems to go when the screen cools down. My laptop was red hot when it happened because I had closed it and left it on top of a fabric table mat which must have limited the airflow and insulated the base. The screen was down and the heat must have effected the screen. Sure enough it went after 20-30 mins and has not returned this morning. I am going to stick to dc power from now on unless desperate and make sure my laptop goes to hibernate instead of sleep. 

HP Recommended

You just described my problem exactly thanks. 

54E13924-53B4-4F1F-BE0D-535BF4740533.jpeg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.