Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Product ID - 00262-30306-61960-AAOEM

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Poojakumari_Pat

Could you please help me with the exact model name or the product number and the Operating System of the computer?

Keep me posted.

Thank you for joining the HP Community.

Have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

@Poojakumari_Pat

We haven't heard from you!

This post is with reference to the thread you had recently created at your friendly neighborhood (HP Forums).

I would like to know if the resolution we had provided worked for you.

Feel free to reply to your public post for any further assistance as the private message board is not always monitored.

And Thank you for being a Valuable Member of our HP Family.

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Its 64-bit Windows 8 operating system. 

The product ID is 00262-30306-61960-AAOEM.

HP Recommended

@Poojakumari_Pat I appreciate the OS information, however, the product ID isn't going to help, here's what we need:

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution:
Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Also, let me know if this laptop has touchscreen?

Keep us posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

product model is HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC

HP Recommended

@Poojakumari_Pat Attempt using an alternate/external mouse.

(If that works when the touchpad is disabled on Synaptic software, it would mean that it's a touchpad failure,

However, if the external mouse doesn't work either, it could be a software/driver issue).

Uninstall and reinstall the drivers for your mouse:

Go to the Device Manager and select your mouse. Uninstall it and then restart your computer. During restart, your mouse driver will automatically be reinstalled.

• 1.   Click on Start and type ‘Device Manager’.
  • 2.   Click Device Manager.
  • 3.   Click + sign next to Mouse.
  • 4.   Right-click on mouse entry and choose "uninstall".
  • 5.   Restart your computer.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.