Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cs0012nh

Could you inform me on whether HP Pavilion 15-cs0012nh is flicker-free (without PWM)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@CSFA Welcome to HP Forums Community! I'm afraid it's not, what you have is a 15.6" diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080), 

And an IPS screen has a slight flicker in its backlight brightness control via Pulse Width Modulation (PWM).

Some monitors pulse the backlight on and off in order to modulate brightness. At full brightness, the backlight is simply on.

But turn it down a bit and the backlight is pulsed on and off at various rates depending on the desired brightness. The result, allegedly, is flicker, which is rather invisible to the naked eye.

That said, if you need more details or anything else, feel free to ask.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@CSFA Welcome to HP Forums Community! I'm afraid it's not, what you have is a 15.6" diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080), 

And an IPS screen has a slight flicker in its backlight brightness control via Pulse Width Modulation (PWM).

Some monitors pulse the backlight on and off in order to modulate brightness. At full brightness, the backlight is simply on.

But turn it down a bit and the backlight is pulsed on and off at various rates depending on the desired brightness. The result, allegedly, is flicker, which is rather invisible to the naked eye.

That said, if you need more details or anything else, feel free to ask.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanx a lot. Sorry for not replying earlier. Could you inform me whether HP Pavilion 15-cs0003nh 4TU71EA is flicker-free? 

HP Recommended

@CSFA

The HP Pavilion - 15-cs0003nh has the 15.6" diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080) display which will have an extremely negligible flicker to the Naked Eye and this is due to the IPS screen and it is perfectly normal

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much!

HP Recommended

😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.