Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Envy 17t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Assisstant comes up with full size page for the circle HP page and then turns into a little 2x2 square for the action choices. Can't hardly see it.  Some of the choices (I can only read a couple of them at 400% magnification) when selected, come up as full size pages.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@hguilmette

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand that your HP Support Assistant is not working correctly. 
Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

1. In Windows, search for an open Uninstall a program.

2. On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click Uninstall.

Figure : Uninstall HP Support Assistant

Uninstall screen from the Control Panel with HP Support Assistant highlighted
  3. Click Yes on the Programs and Features screen to confirm you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant.

Figure : Uninstall confirmation

Confirmation screen to uninstall HP Support Assistant with Yes selected
  4. Restart your computer to complete the process.

Once its done, install the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the HP Support Assistant

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the great detailed instructions.  However, did not work.

Interestingly, I tried 3 different uninstallers and not one showed HP Support Assistant as an installed app!  Microsoft, Revo, and Iobit.

Here is a copy of what Microsoft shows when I type in HP Support Assistant into the Uninstaller:

hguilmette_0-1627748975150.png

Note: there is no HP Assistant shown.

So, I downloaded anyway and installed, and still got the same result as above.  As you can see below, this is what I get when I select the HP support circle on the taskbar, after getting a full sized HP support circle screen:

hguilmette_1-1627749207147.png

The whole screen is reduced to what you see in the upper left.  Using "magnify" I can sometimes read a little and if I select one of the options, it turns up as above, full sized, but not the app itself which remains miniscule.

Hope this helps.

Thanks again, 

Harris

HP Recommended

@hguilmette

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.  I would request you to contact our Phone Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out.

• Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.
  • You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Hope this helps! 
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry I didn't return sooner, but didn't get notification you had replied.  I tried today at HP and was unable to get a response to the problem, nor could I connect to an agent.  The only thing that finally came up was a request to spend $6.00 to talk to a real person. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.