Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Have also checked the device manager and also showing anywhere

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Harvey101,

For now, please check the document here to see if the solution applies to your laptop or not.

Furthermore, a specific model name or product number would be appreciated. E.g. HP Spectre x360 - 13-ap0028ca or 5MT98UA#ABL

Information on how to find a laptop's model name or product number is detailed in this HP document. (Please do not post serial numbers on the HP Support Community. The difference between a product number and a serial number is that the product number contains a # sign)

Kind regards,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
HP Recommended

Hello @Harvey101,

For now, please check the document here to see if the solution applies to your laptop or not.

Furthermore, a specific model name or product number would be appreciated. E.g. HP Spectre x360 - 13-ap0028ca or 5MT98UA#ABL

Information on how to find a laptop's model name or product number is detailed in this HP document. (Please do not post serial numbers on the HP Support Community. The difference between a product number and a serial number is that the product number contains a # sign)

Kind regards,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

thanks mate... sorted. Wish I has sent this message before

HP Recommended

Same issue. No camera, same error code, not showing in device manager. 

It does have a camera. Older laptop, no kill switch.

Pavilion

HP Recommended

HP Envy Desktop Product Number 5QA55AA#ABA Camera does not show in device manager Error Code 0xA00F4244

HP Recommended

HP Pro x2 612 G1 models. Same camera error. please help

HP Recommended

Hi 

my camera isn't working.

says the camera is on another app, I don't know which on

and my error code is 0XA00F4243 

Kindly advise what I can do to fix it

HP Recommended

MY LAPTOP IS HP ELITEBOOK 840 G1,

When i first open windows camera app on Saturday i got message (0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>)

Since then i have done these steps:-

1. No option in Device Manager but tried by going to View show hidden devices there it shows no device attached

2. ROLL BACK to Old WINDOWS VERSION through system restore

3. RESET MY PC

Anything from my side that i can do to make it working Since i had a Important Interview

I Last used my Camera on 24/01/2020 and clicked few photos

since then i tried camera on Saturday

i dont what happen to it in this duration

HP Recommended

HP Envy x360 15-bq276nr

Only printers in the device manager Imaging devices.

I had configured to login with Hello, but Hello cannot find a camera now.

Currently out of warranty, but probably stopped working while it still was under warranty (last November)

No camera kill switch on the case.

Need to get working so I can use Zoom for work.

HELP (please)

HP Recommended

At one time, I used the Windows Hello Face sign-in option.  It worked for a while.  Suddenly it stopped working.  Upon startup I receive the message that a compatible camera cannot be found, something happened, use your pin number to login. I am running Windows 10 on my HP Envy m7 Notebook.  Could this be an HP problem or is it a Windows problem?  I need some help.  Microsoft has not been able to fix the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.