Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Event Sequence:

1. I have external mouse connected (Logitech Anywhere MX mouse)

2. I was reading my notes in Microsoft Office OneNote

3. Not touching my mouse, mousepad or touchscreen

4. Suddenly my mouse pointer acts like I was rapidly clicking or tapping at the screen (theres is a touch indicator, a square)

5. Moving my mouse moves the pointer briefly but then it blinks back to the original position where there is a square touch indicator

6. Tried unplugging the mouse, nothing happen

7. Finally able to restart my laptop by fighting the glitch and hitting the restart icon

8. After restart the problem dissapear

This is the 2nd time this happened and I'm looking for a fix

The laptop is brand new (about 1 month old)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Below is the related document. Please go through:

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03385353

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi,

I've checked the link you sent me, however, that is not the problem. Connection is working properly, as for tracking, it is confirmed that it is working well.

The problem is that sometimes in rare occation, the cursor moves to a spot in the monitor and act like I am touching the screen while I am not doing anything.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the exact same problem and indeed, the link above doesn't help. Have you ended up finding a solution?

I experience this problem with and without external mouse.

When I do use external mouse, it's a wireless logitech.

I would be really gratefull for a solution because so far, when the cursor goes crazy, the only way to regain control of the mouse is to restart the computer or put on sleeping more and back on. This is really annoying, especialy when the cursor keeps clicking on a link or button that has undesirable effects.

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.