11-07-2016 09:13 PM
1. I have external mouse connected (Logitech Anywhere MX mouse)
2. I was reading my notes in Microsoft Office OneNote
3. Not touching my mouse, mousepad or touchscreen
4. Suddenly my mouse pointer acts like I was rapidly clicking or tapping at the screen (theres is a touch indicator, a square)
5. Moving my mouse moves the pointer briefly but then it blinks back to the original position where there is a square touch indicator
6. Tried unplugging the mouse, nothing happen
7. Finally able to restart my laptop by fighting the glitch and hitting the restart icon
8. After restart the problem dissapear
This is the 2nd time this happened and I'm looking for a fix
The laptop is brand new (about 1 month old)
11-07-2016 10:39 PM
Below is the related document. Please go through:
Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
I am not an HP Employee
11-07-2016 11:13 PM
I've checked the link you sent me, however, that is not the problem. Connection is working properly, as for tracking, it is confirmed that it is working well.
The problem is that sometimes in rare occation, the cursor moves to a spot in the monitor and act like I am touching the screen while I am not doing anything.
01-19-2017 12:51 AM
I have the exact same problem and indeed, the link above doesn't help. Have you ended up finding a solution?
I experience this problem with and without external mouse.
When I do use external mouse, it's a wireless logitech.
I would be really gratefull for a solution because so far, when the cursor goes crazy, the only way to regain control of the mouse is to restart the computer or put on sleeping more and back on. This is really annoying, especialy when the cursor keeps clicking on a link or button that has undesirable effects.
Thanks in advance and have a great day!