Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY x360 and HP Pen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an hp ENVY x360 convertible. My husband bought me the hp Pen for Christmas. I looked it up and it is supposed to work with my laptop, but it is not. I have followed the directions, but can't get it to work. Any suggestions? My husband bought the Pen directly from hp so it is brand new.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@andirobinson 

Compatibility is based on model / series.

There are a lot of "Envy x360" models in the world - many of these do not support pens.

Finding your Product Name, Product Number, or Serial Number

Please never post the serial number or any private information here – we are a public resource.

If you have any question of the device and pen being compatible, report back the model / product number of your computer and we can check for  you.

What else?

The following application goes with the HP Pen ...

HP Pen Control Application

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals >> User Guides, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Model is 15-aq273cl

P/N is X7U54UA#ABA

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Dragon-Fur 

Just FYI,

No stylus came with my new gift which is an HP Envy x360 15-ee0047nr, and my spare stylus from Microsoft Surface (MSIP-CRM-MSK-1776 info from the box) works perfectly.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@banhien 

Good news, that.

3F607UA HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 15-ee0047nr

Product introduced June 2020

Also supported on your model:

Accessories164716201MR94AA A HP Pen
Accessories349282383J122AA A HP Rechargeable MPP 2.0 Tilt Pen
Accessories349282393J123AA A HP Rechargeable MPP 2.0 Tilt Pen

@andirobinson 

X7U54UA HP ENVY x360 Convertible 13-ad173cl

Product introduced 2017

I do not find any confirmation / information that your computer supports a pen / stylus.

You can certainly try the application - based on what I found, it cannot work.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

That stinks. Thanks for looking. I found conflicting information about this specific model and the hp Pen on various websites. Some said it was compatible. I guess my husband will just return it and get his money back. I bought this computer so that I could use a pen with it (since it could be used as a tablet). It will probably be a couple of years before I buy another computer.

HP Recommended

@andirobinson 

You are welcome.

It's one of common instances where we don't control the answer.

Stay Safe.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.