Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Spectre is only two weeks old and works excellently as a standard laptop.

However I cannot get the screen to rotate when I select Tablet mode or flip it into the entertainment stand.

All online research I can find are from people who either were using Win 8.1 and or updated to Win 10.

Mine came with Win 10 pre-installed.

None of the settings screens they advise to go to exist.

I have also checked the registry and its set up correctly.

Windows 10 did the anniversary update a couple of days into me starting to use it so I don't know IF the rotation issue was there from the beginning or not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have solved my issue re. screen not rotating when in tablet mode.

Yesterday i installed HP Support Assistant in the hope it would suggest a solution.

It didn't at the time but it got me on this forum where I see a lot of others had similar problems.

Today when I turned my laptop on I noticed the support assistant had a list of upgrades available.

the first which updated automatically was HP Notebook System Bios update (Intel Processors) which after install and reboot I didn't really notice any difference.

Amongst the list of updates was "Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Drivers"

Seeing as I could not find any menition of Sensors in my device manager, I installed it.

Now I have the option "Lock Rotation of this Display" it may be greyed out but at least its now there.

Still no rotation so I started rechecking every thing again and found that in the registry I had a new entry..Sensor

present.

However Enable was set to 0 instead of 1

Capture.PNG

I changed the 0 to 1 and lo and behold I have rotation.

However the only issue is now that the Rotation options buttons are all greyed out but I can still auto rotate when I flip to tent, entatainment or tablet mode.

So at least my X360 is doing what its name says and what I purchased it for.

Doing my research I fond the failure to rotate is not a HP specific problem but a Windows 10 problem.

If others still have problems, try narrowing your search paramaters to Win 10 failure to rotaate, you will see a lot more information out there.

Thank you to all who attempted to help me. I hope my post will help someone else.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try my way from the following post:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Auto-rotaion/m-p/5835137#M140333

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Unfortunately this has not solved my issue.
In my version of Win 10 there is no "Lock rotation of this display" option in settings/display (or anywhere I can see?)
HP Recommended

Hi,

How's about this:

lock.png

Regards.

Note: I'm using external monitor on my loan x360 right now that why the lock is on and only on external monitor (2).

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have solved my issue re. screen not rotating when in tablet mode.

Yesterday i installed HP Support Assistant in the hope it would suggest a solution.

It didn't at the time but it got me on this forum where I see a lot of others had similar problems.

Today when I turned my laptop on I noticed the support assistant had a list of upgrades available.

the first which updated automatically was HP Notebook System Bios update (Intel Processors) which after install and reboot I didn't really notice any difference.

Amongst the list of updates was "Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Drivers"

Seeing as I could not find any menition of Sensors in my device manager, I installed it.

Now I have the option "Lock Rotation of this Display" it may be greyed out but at least its now there.

Still no rotation so I started rechecking every thing again and found that in the registry I had a new entry..Sensor

present.

However Enable was set to 0 instead of 1

Capture.PNG

I changed the 0 to 1 and lo and behold I have rotation.

However the only issue is now that the Rotation options buttons are all greyed out but I can still auto rotate when I flip to tent, entatainment or tablet mode.

So at least my X360 is doing what its name says and what I purchased it for.

Doing my research I fond the failure to rotate is not a HP specific problem but a Windows 10 problem.

If others still have problems, try narrowing your search paramaters to Win 10 failure to rotaate, you will see a lot more information out there.

Thank you to all who attempted to help me. I hope my post will help someone else.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.