Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15m-cn0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The night light option is greyed out. I've tried updating the display adapters, i looked through the registry editor, and spoke with 3 different windows tech support agents. I am running the latest Windows 10 2004 version. The problem has been persisting for a few months now. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Im guessing HP hasn't released display drivers that are compatible with the latest windows 10 but i could be wrong

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jbrown3697 

You're most likely correct on both fronts.

First, Win10 v20.04, despite being now released to the public after months of being locked, still has issues -- some of which have not been reported by MS yet, and others of which have not been fixed yet.  So, it is not surprising to find issues with it.

Second, HP is providing us no schedules or plans regarding updating drivers for Win10 v20.04 -- so we have nothing that we can pass along to you about that.

If this were my PC, and it will still within the grace period for rolling it back to v19.09, I would do that -- as MS is still supporting v19.09 and it is not having these issues.  In fact, they came out with another update to v19.09 only last week thta fixed a long list of issues.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.