Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv2000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I just purchased a laptop and need help installing the graphics driver. 

Thanks 

Processor - AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 TL-60 2.00GHz

RAM - 4.00GB

System Type = 64-bit Operation System, x64-based processor.

GPU \/

Name: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try this...

From the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, select the Browse my computer for driver software option again, but this time, at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk and browse to C:\SWSetup\sp42635\WinVista64\nvqh (setup information file), click Next, and see if the driver installs that way.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the product number of your notebook?

The product number can be found on the same label as the serial number.

Please do not post the serial number.

HP Recommended

FE945UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this works...

You will need to manually install this driver on W10 as follows...Run the below driver.

You will most likely get an unsupported operating system error. Close out of any error windows.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp42501-43000/sp42635.exe

Go to the device manager, click to expand the display adapters device manager category.

Click on the Standard VGA Adapter listed there.

Click on the driver tab. Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file. That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp42635.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

HP Recommended

It didn't work still showing the previous VGA adapter 

HP Recommended

Try this...

From the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, select the Browse my computer for driver software option again, but this time, at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk and browse to C:\SWSetup\sp42635\WinVista64\nvqh (setup information file), click Next, and see if the driver installs that way.

HP Recommended

Yeeeeeeepy it worked, thanks alot I really appreciate.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for the other day. After installing the driver I noticed that my pc turns black while using it. How doni stop it?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I doubt there is any way to fix that issue.

That model was not even supported by HP for W7, so upgrading to W10 is probably beyond its capability.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.