Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to connect my laptop to a Philips 499P9H monitor using a single cable. The monitor has a resolution of 5760x1440. It has a built in USB C hub.  If I connect to laptop to the USB C port on the  monitor it can draw power and I can use the built in speakers and webcam on the monitor plus a keyboard and mouse connected to the monitor so the port appears to be working.

The laptop does not appear to see a monitor and the monitor reports no video on the USB C port. I can connect the monitor with an HDMI cable and it work fine. 

I was using a USB three hub with 1920x1080 and 1920x1200 monitors connected to it. The laptop sees both of those without any problems. I don't currently have a separate USB C hub to test with.

I've updated my laptop with the latest bios , drive and support tools from HP. I've updated to the latest drivers suggest by Philips.

Any suggestions about what may be the issue or how to investigate what is happening on the USB C port would be most welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorted i not all USB C cables are created equal. I've used one that's rated as USB C 4, supporting 8 K screens, and everything is working. I suspect a USB C 3.2 cable would probably have worked as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Sorted i not all USB C cables are created equal. I've used one that's rated as USB C 4, supporting 8 K screens, and everything is working. I suspect a USB C 3.2 cable would probably have worked as well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.