Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Spectre x360 now has burned-in images on the monitor. Looks like the monitor has a copy of an instance of Chrome that was running behind whatever I'm running up front. Right side of screen has a nice blue burn in of the Chrome instance while the rest is washed out (bright white). If I run something like Excel, not in full screen, the grids from Excel pull through the entire monitor. This is just totally messed up.

These do not appear in 2nd monitors when attaching through hdmi. I've read other people running into this same issue and want to know how HP is going to resolve this with a computer that was just purchased in Nov 2017 (and now out of warranty technically).  100% issue with the computer. Latest drivers are installed. 

Thank you for resolving this.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@RollTide86
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

This looks like an internal display is damaged and needs to be replaced or serviced. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the out of warranty policy and sort this out.  HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solutionif you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP wants to charge up $600+ to get this hardware issue looked at.

It is absolutely a shame that HP's premium model fails after 18 months and then wants to charge me what it costs to purchase a laptop. HP support stated that since Spectre hasn't seen mass monitor hardware failures, this wouldn't be covered. So I have to hope that more people report this issue, since I am not going to be extorted for money.

I implore HP to stand behind their product, especially a top-of-the-line, premium product and cover the issue that is 100% related to HP's hardware. This laptop sits on a desk and the monitor failed. It's not handling, it's 100% on HP.  This is the way to ruin the HP brand that I thought was turning around. Do the right thing. Thank you.

HP Recommended

@RollTide86

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having this same problem. Twice! I bought my machine at Best Buy in May of 2018 and had a 1 year warranty on it. I had the screen replaced under warranty by Geek Squad in April 2019. Now in August 2019.... ONLY 4 MONTHS LATER, the screen is failing again and I can see the burn-ins from applications that are not up. I wish I never bought this computer. It was too expensive to be having this issue. It's distracting and unsatisfactory.

HP Recommended

@Brittany265

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.