cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Spectre X360 freeeze when using an external monitor

HP Recommended
Hp Spectre x 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an XP Spectre X 360  running Win 10 64 bit.  My computer freezes up randomly when using an external monitor, either an HDMI or DP cable. I have tried uploading latest software / drivers, and following various threads with no luck. Problems like this have been around for a long  time on this HP model. It does not freeze when being used with its own screen.

I hate to get rid of this high priced laptop because HP does not have a solution for this.

John 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,703 24,689 1,639 2,286
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Johnski3000,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is freezing when you connect an external monitor.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Have you tried connecting a different monitor to the computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue facing the issue, then follow the steps in the below article and perform a reset on the computer.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The download of the Bios from Jan 2020 seems to have worked, I say that becasue I had downloaded all the driver updates previously ( before the Jan Bios update) and that did not work thanks.

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,255 19,213 834 891
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Johnski3000

Thank you for posting back.

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation