Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop PC 14-ea1000 RCTO Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a new 14t-ea100 Spectre, running Win 11 21H2 build 22000.708.  The provided MPP2.0 pen part number M23864-001worked originally, now it does not.  The solid blue ring at the top indicates fully charged.  I am fully updated per Windows Update and per the HP Support Assistant, including the latest BIOS F.26.

The answers I have found so far here in the community mainly point to filing a support case.  When I log in to HP,  go to Support, and Contact Us, I am prompted to select my device.  I do, and am taken to a page with the HP logo spinning that never goes further.  Same thing in Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. 

Is there a support system outage, or is something screwy with my records the system is choking on?  Something else?

Is this a known issue with the pen, or any suggestions?
How can I get help for the pen?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@piddypaddyo 

Welcome to the HP User Community.

Might be down - I tried PartSurfer a few minutes ago (for a different question) and that service is down.

No, it's not the same thing, of course.  PartSurfer should not be down / inaccessible, so perhaps it's related.

??

Try the following path - this opens the main page for me, at least.

No idea whether you can get any farther...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact

Assuming you do get to the point where it starts OK, use the serial number of the computer.

Why?  Tiny pen serial numbers are not in the search database - submit under the "parent" device"

IF the service is just down, it will come back when HP can fix whatever is causing the problem.

That just means, wait and try again later...

I will forward a quick note to the moderator team to let them know there might be something going on.

HP Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

Open

HP Spectre x360 14 Convertible PC 14-ea1000 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hey, @Dragon-Fur.  Thanks for the reply.  Yep, that's I was doing.  Must be site issue, because now when I get to that point I get a page that states "HP Customer Support site is temporarily unavailable".  Sorry I didn't mention, but I had already gone to that product specific support page too, but didn't find anything relating to the pen.

I am assuming it is either a driver issue, or the pen.  HP does not deem to have any drivers applicable to this, and I either don't see or don't know what to look for in Device Manager, but nothing there is currently unhappy.  I also do not know which Services I should make sure are running, but nothing obvious is wrong there either.

I do also have Ubuntu loaded, and some Google hits seem to indicate it should support MPP2.0 device by default, but it does not recognize the pen either.

I'll try to follow up if I make any headway.  Thanks again.

HP Recommended

No progress.  Still getting stuck with a spinning HP logo, so if no one else is having that problem on the support site, must be unique to my account.  As mentioned, I get the same result on multiple browsers, multiple machines.

I Googled a direct link to submitting issues regarding the HP web site and submitted an issue there 5 days ago, and got the automatic confirmation it was received, but no actual response.

There is no direct link I have found to supporting tech support issues for my PC, all search hits direct to go through the non-functioning portal.

HP Recommended

@piddypaddyo 

OK.

If you have not done so, try a different browser - and / or clear the cache / cookies from the browser you are using.

We don't have any "back door" access to the Support site.

Rats.

I've sent your concern to the moderators.

Request for Review – Please Read

I have submitted a request to our Community moderators for a review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not an HP business group.
  • We are not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales, Service, or Warranty.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Important

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site is NOT a good idea.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help.  And yep, "I get the same result on multiple browsers, multiple machines."  I even tried multiple OSes 😄

HP Recommended

Latest non-development - tried the chat support feature directly from the locally installed HP Support Assistant.  It takes you to Facebook Messenger.  The chat bot screens you, and there is no option for website problems, so I chose a problem with my computer.  The last message back says "Please wait while I get the best live agent to assist you, this may take a few minutes."

That was six and a half hours ago.

HP Recommended

@piddypaddyo 

Facebook checks Warranty and then allows you to connect to an HP agent.

From what I have read, the procedure works -- but yes, agents are too few for the onslaught.

We've done what we can do on this side.

Hang in there.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.