Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 AC-series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I have the new HP Spectre x360 AC-series that comes bundled with a pen.

I've been using it for about a month and I've been satisifed with the pen performance, but I JUST NOW realized that the pen tip is REPLACEABLE! That's a "wow" moment to me; I never knew the tip could be removed. One minor thing I noticed when I first got the pen was that the stylus tip is hard plastic, which doesn't give a ton of friction with the screen. It's not a dealbreaker, but I owned a Surface Pro 4 in the past and I really dig the additional friction of the Surface Pen to the screen with its soft nib.

I don't think shelling out $50 for the Surface Pen was worth it though, but instead, are there replacement tips available for the bundled Spectre x360 pen? Or, can someone tell me if the $10 pack of Surface Pen replacement tips is compatible with the Spectre pen? Thanks a lot!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

There do not appear to be any replacement tips available for the MS Active stylus p/n 910942-001 that is compatible with the Spectre 13t.

You did not specify whether your Spectre x360 was a 13 or 15" model nor provide the product number or complete product name. It always helps to provide us with accurate references.

I have asked HP about it in the private forum and will let you know as soon as we have an answer.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hello. I appreciate your reply.

I have the new 2017 Spectre x360 13-AC0xx with a bundled N-Trig stylus pen in the box. I'm not sure if the stylus has a model number, though, since it's bundled in the box and as far as I know isn't sold separately.

But does anyone else have info on whether the Surface Pen tips would be compatible with the Spectre's pen?

HP Recommended

@jscity720 wrote:

Hello. I appreciate your reply.

I have the new 2017 Spectre x360 13-AC0xx with a bundled N-Trig stylus pen in the box. I'm not sure if the stylus has a model number, though, since it's bundled in the box and as far as I know isn't sold separately.

But does anyone else have info on whether the Surface Pen tips would be compatible with the Spectre's pen?

That is the same model I will have n my hands in a couple of days. I actually have a Dell active stylus (model: PR77S) and will let you know if it works.  I am also following this subject.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.