Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion dm4 2100st
Other

Hi All,

I have A HP Pavilion dm4 2100st laptop. I could use both AMD Radeon HD 6470M and Intel HD3000 graphic card well with switchable options according to power usage on Windows 7 (stock OS).  After upgrade to my OS to Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, I can not start to use AMD graphic card. System detects only Intel HD3000. I have to use only Intel graphic card, so performance is not same as AMD card on windows 7. 

First, I installed offical HP video card drivers from below link, but unfortunately graphic cards do not change according to poer status of laptop.

http://support.hp.com/tr-tr/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dm4-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/514...

Now, I have upgraded to my OS system to Windows 10, but problem is same with Windows 8/8.1. It does not detect my dedicated AMD graphic card and I have use only Intel HD 3000 again. 

I tried diffent driver options, but I can not solve the problem. Also pictures are added below.

Option 1: Windows Update Drivers - Intel HD 3000 works, AMD does not work and detected as 7400M

Option 2: Official AMD Latest Drivers (Link) - Intel HD 3000 works, AMD does not work and detected as 7400M

Option 3: Official HP Windows 7 Video Drivers (HP - Windows 7) - Intel and AMD card drivers do not works correctly

Option 4: Official HP Wİndows 8.1 Video Drivers (HP - Windows 8.1) - Intel HD 3000 works, AMD does not work and detected as 7400M

Option 5: Lescatlabs.net Catalyst UnifL Project Drivers (UnifL) - Intel HD 3000 works, AMD does not work and install

- How can enable dedicated AMD card on windows 10?

- How can use AMD card on windows 10 ?

- Is there any solution of this problem?

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

Please review the information in the link below on how to configure switchable graphics:

Switchable Graphics on Notebooks Configured with Intel and ATI GPUs

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon. Thanks!

HP Recommended

y2ken, hi

Your proposal is not applicable for this problem. I can not see any options in Catalyst Control Center's left menu.

3.JPG

HP Recommended

You may want to check for a chipset update.

I see one for your system with Windows 8 64bit on the downloads page, Dated Nov 2012, version 8.1.0.1263

HP Recommended

Same problem here.

My notebook - HP Pavilion dm4 2155br with ATI Radeon HD 6470m.

The available driver for windows 8 works in Windows 8 and 8.1 for me, but is incompatible for windows 10.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58702.exe

Official amd Catalyst Control Center doesn't have switchable graphics option and Microsoft driver available in windows 10 update have same problem.

Will HP provide new drivers for windows 10?

HP Recommended

As I suggested in my previous post, it would be worth checking for a chipset and/or BIOS update for your system.

You might also try 'compatibility mode' for the Catalyst Control Center, it may not work but it's worth a shot.

Compatibility Mode Windows 10

HP Recommended

my switchable graphics problems were solved with leshcat, see if it helps you

https://community.amd.com/thread/184756

HP Recommended

Did you find a solution for this? I have the same problem and tried all the options.

HP Recommended

I have the very same problem and can not find the solution. Leshcatlabs drivers do not help

According to leshcat forums, win 10 doesnt support fixed switching at all -- hp should do something about it.... my laptop is not usable like this

HP Recommended

My laptop HP Pavilion G6-1068SE has Intel HD 3000 On Board Graphics along with 1GB discrete Radeon HD 6470M graphics.

When I did a fresh install of Windows 10 x64, Windows Update automatically installed latest Catalyst Control Center along with the necessary display drivers for Intel HD 3000 (On-board Graphics).

What I expected under display adapters in Device Manager:
- AMD Radeon HD 6470M Series
- Intel(R) HD Graphics

What s actually present:
- AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series
- Intel(R) HD Graphics

Problems I face due to this:
1) No 3D setting or any other configurable options in AMD Control Center (Information is the only tab available)
2) No SWITCHABLE GRAPHICS options under context menus and in Control Center
3) GPU Frequency constantly remains at 0MHz (from AMD System Monitor and tried other GPU benchmarking tools)
4) All applications are fully and solely handled by Intel HD 3000 and discrete graphics is never detected by any of my games
5) DxDiag shows DirectX version as 10 even though the laptop supports DirectX 11

Solutions I tried:
1) Uninstalled AMD Catalyst Control Center automatically installed by Windows and tried following versions download from AMD website: v15.8 Beta, v15.7, v14.9, v14.4, v13.12, v12.10 and all of them showed the same problems. Note: Before installing each version I completely uninstalled the existing version rebooted and installed the other one.
2) Went to HP Website, Driver for Windows 10 is unavailable. Downloaded Windows 7,8 and 8.1 drivers and installed in compatibility mode.
3) Tried LESHCAT drivers downloaded from their official site.

In spite of all my efforts, the aforementioned problems still persist. Isn t there a way that I get my discrete GPU working with all features including switchable graphics in Windows 10, other than downgrading my OS to Windows 8 or Windows 7 so as to get drivers from HP? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.