Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I have uninstalled the camera drive; updated windows, rebooted and it is still visible. When I open the camera app, there is an error cade 0xA00F4244 and it says my camera cannot be found

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

Reset the camera app

1. Type settings in the taskbar and open the Settings panel.
2. Open the App submenu.
3. Select Apps and features.
4. Locate your Camera app and click on it.
5. Click on Advanced options.
6. Scroll down and click on the Reset button.

As you can see, this eliminates all app-related data, allowing it to work as new. 

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi @Disydi 

Welcome to the HP Support Community 

I'd like to help! 

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc. 

Keep me posted. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello!

We haven’t heard from you in a while, this post is with reference to the thread you had created at your  

friendly neighborhood (HP Support Community). 

Please get back to us with the details so that we can assist you further. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi there

The model is HP ENVY 13-ba1014na Laptop 

HP Recommended

The model is HP ENVY 13-ba1014na Laptop

HP Recommended

1. Check drivers

1. Right-click the Start menu and choose Device Manager.
  2. Navigate to Imaging devices and expend to sub-menu in order to see your camera.
  3. Right-click on the camera device and select Update driver.

If your driver is up to date but the issue is resilient, there’s a chance the latest driver update broke the camera for you. In this case, we advise you to try and roll back the camera driver.

1. Right-click the Start menu and choose Device Manager.
  2. Navigate to Imaging devices and expand to sub-menu in order to see your camera.
  3. Right-click on the camera device and open Properties.
  4. In the Driver tab, click on the Roll Back Driver button.

2. Make sure you turn on the Camera app

2. Head to the Privacy section.
  3. Select Camera. If it says Camera access for this device is off, click on the Change button and toggle the button corresponding to Allow apps to access your camera to On.

Alternatively, if you want to be more precise, you can scroll down and select the exact apps that you want to grant camera access to. Generally here’s where you will find your Camera app and other apps that use your camera such as VOIP apps.

For each app, you will have to toggle the On/Off button according to your preferences.

3. Run the Store Apps Troubleshooter

1. Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
  2. Choose Update & security.
  3. Select Troubleshoot from the left pane.
  4. Scroll to the bottom and click on Store Apps.
  5. Click on the Run the troubleshooter button.

If Windows detects any malfunctions or problems within your Camera app, it will provide a report at the end of the troubleshooting scan.

This report will let you know what can be done about the issue. In most cases, if any problem is found, the troubleshooter will give you easy-to-follow prompts on how to solve it, you just have to follow along.

After running the troubleshooter, check if we can’t find your camera 0xa00f4244 error is still present in the Camera app.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you. However none of these solutions work

1.The driver is up to date, but when trying to scroll back the driver, this box is greyed out and unable to be activated

2. The camera is on

3. I don't have an update and security option - just privacy and security and windows update and no option to troubleshoot in either

The camera icon keeps flashing on and off screen and the laptop is really hot, even when locked and inactive., as if it is trying to do something in the background. 

HP Recommended

Reset the camera app

2. Open the App submenu.
3. Select Apps and features.
4. Locate your Camera app and click on it.
5. Click on Advanced options.
6. Scroll down and click on the Reset button.

As you can see, this eliminates all app-related data, allowing it to work as new. 

Keep me posted.

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello!

We haven’t heard from you in a while, this post is with reference to the thread you had created at your  

friendly neighborhood (HP Support Community). 

I would like to know if the resolution we provided worked for you? If you have any other queries, feel free to reply at any time, and thank you for being a valuable member of our HP Family. 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @Disydi 

I hope you are doing good.

We reached out but never heard back. Do you still need assistance? Let me know if there is anything else you need assistance with.

Have a great day! 

Thanks! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.