Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15m-bp012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I turned my laptop on when I got home from work. Once I did this, I tried to use my touchpad so that I could insert my password and nothing happened. I had to touch the screen in order to use the laptop. In order to do anything on it now, I have to touch the screen to click websites and things like that. My keyboard is working fine, it is just my touchpad that has stopped working. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@dxxll_,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Have you tried checking with an external mouse? Does the issue persist?

Check if the touchpad is disabled. 

On some touchpads, you can turn on or off the touchpad by double tapping in the upper left corner of the touchpad. Double tap to turn the touchpad on, repeat to turn the touchpad off.

Try the steps recommended below.

Try updating the BIOS, touchpad and chipset driver on your PC and check if it helps.

You can try updating other drivers on your PC using the HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant. Click Here

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps try the steps recommended below.

• On Start , search for Device Manager, and select it from the list of results. Under Mice and other pointing devices, select your touchpad, open it, select the Driver tab, and select Update Driver. If Windows doesn't find a new driver, look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

• If those steps didn't work, try uninstalling your touchpad driver: open Device Manager, right-click (or press and hold) the touchpad driver, and select Uninstall. Restart your device and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

• If that didn't work, try using the generic driver that comes with Windows. Here's how: in Device Manager, right-click (or press and hold) your touchpad driver > Update driver software... Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, select HID compliant mouse, select Next, and follow the instructions to install it.

Refer this article to know more information about using the touchpad. Click Here

Also, try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC. Click Here

Let me know if this helps! 
Have a pleasant day ahead! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.