Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ba009dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

While viewing Netflix and YouTube there is a thin red vertical line running through the center of my screen. HP support claims its an issue with Netflix. Netflix support claims it is an issue with HP...(sigh....) No one has been able to help. Who will save me from the evil red vertical line???

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@MsDivaBrown

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand there is an Evil thin vertical red line on the center of your screen, it appears only during Netflix and YouTube playback,
No need to worry, I will be happy to perform the exorcism 😛

Although, to accumulate all the knowledge before I start my rituals (Troubleshooting steps) I need a few details:

Does the line appear only during full screen mode?

Is it on the Netflix app or the website on a specific browser using netflix.com ?

When was the last time it worked? have you attempted a system restore?

Also, since I'm in conversation with you, the evil shall ward off 😉

Keep me posted,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so very much for your reply.  to answer your questions, the evil red line seems to appear whether or not the screen is in full screen mode or not.  Im not sure about the app or specific browser part...but im using Chrome and MS Edge as my browser (tried both) and have a Netflix subscription which i downloaded the app.  lastly, it never worked...new notebook i got for Christmas and took awhile to start using.  Haven't tried a system restore...sound scary!  Finally....forgive the delay in response, I certainly appreciate your speedy response.  I patiently await your solution.

HP Recommended

@MsDivaBrown

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Perfect timing, I just got the potion ready to ward off evil 😉
Please watch this video and use the steps to resolve the issue: Click here

(Don't worry, the system restore doesn't affect your data as it's completely different from system recovery)

Let me know how that pans out, 

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

seems the video link is to restore Windows 8, im running 10....

HP Recommended

@MsDivaBrown

The same magic potion works for them both,

Here's how: You would notice that it's pretty much the same on both windows 8 & 10.
Here's the article with the right one: Click here

Let me know how that pans out, 

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Muchas gracias! I'll give it a try.
HP Recommended

@MsDivaBrown

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Don't worry I have a shelf full of talismans and magic potions, so get back to me, any time 😉

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

well...i followed the instructions provided by the link you sent...unfortunately the evil red line still exists...:smileymad:

HP Recommended

Update! The evil red line now only exists during Netflix playback. Seems the resotre you suggested did solve the problem on YouTube.  Any ideas on how to get my Netflix to work as nicely as YouTube does now?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.