Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Spectre x360 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, for osme reason the top 3 buttons in the corner of some apps have a different appearance. It is buggin me because I do not like them and don't know how to fix them. Untitled123.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Lullabi-Goddess

Transparency as I remember it seems to have disappeared with more recent versions of Windows 10.

Also gone now is the ability to control the size of fonts in the various menus, windows, messages, and drop-downs.  I really miss that one...

The only "transparency" option I have found is in Settings > Personalization > Colors

The setting seems to work for the Taskbar but not in the various windows...

At the least, you can set a different accent color for Start, taskbar, and action center (or switch off this option).  Separately you can switch on / off the accent color on Title Bars.

As you select each accent color the little example box changes color...

It is not much, but it is better than nothing.

We are all built out of ticky-tacky and we all look the same....

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Lullabi-Goddess

I have looked at this three times and I cannot understand what you "dislike".

I admit I might be entirely missing the point.

Commentary

If you refer to the circled "-", that is the screen control used to temporarily shrink the open window into the Taskbar while leaving the application active.

Menus, various types of applications (like the Control Panel), browsers -- all of these are controlled by the program that defines the container for application / menu. 

Windows provides the available screen controls for its applications / programs.

The available display characteristics on the computer, including resolution, control how items appear on the screen.  For example, the higher the resolution, the smaller everything appears when viewed at 100%.

In so much that I am aware, unless you have access to the source code, you can affect only the general appearance (size, color banding, language) and not which screen controls are available in a given program. 

Those controls that are available to you are found in various locations on the computer, including:

Windows key > Settings > Personalisation

Windows key > Settings > System > Display

Control Panel > icon view > Language

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
Thanks. I just had a particular problem with it because before I remember it looking different but I can’t pinpont what’s wrong. I think it was transparent at first but I don’t know what happened
HP Recommended

@Lullabi-Goddess

Transparency as I remember it seems to have disappeared with more recent versions of Windows 10.

Also gone now is the ability to control the size of fonts in the various menus, windows, messages, and drop-downs.  I really miss that one...

The only "transparency" option I have found is in Settings > Personalization > Colors

The setting seems to work for the Taskbar but not in the various windows...

At the least, you can set a different accent color for Start, taskbar, and action center (or switch off this option).  Separately you can switch on / off the accent color on Title Bars.

As you select each accent color the little example box changes color...

It is not much, but it is better than nothing.

We are all built out of ticky-tacky and we all look the same....

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.