Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
I have an HP Stream BCM943142H
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Stream BCM943142HM .   All of a sudden my touch pad quit working.  Could this be a software issue?  I just completed a fresh install of Windows 10 on this notebook.

When I plug a mouse into a USB port the mouse works just fine.  But I would like to get the touch pad to work again.

Thank you for your help!

Larry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

GBL,

The driver I needed was the 

Intel Serial IO Driver without Connected Standby Support

Have a great day!

:generic:

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Please try this and see if that works

sp72284.exe

or

sp71867.exe

Provide the exact model and product no of your PC.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended

G,

Is this not my model number?  HP Stream BCM943142HM

If not, where do I find it?

I tried installing the sp71857 but that did not seem to help at all.  Does it need to be uninstalled?

What I find strange is that in Device Manager I don't even see th TouchPad listed.  

Thank you for your help!

W

HP Recommended

Here is the document for  How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number, or Product Number?

: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended

GBL,

I tried installing both of those exe programs and my touchpad still does not work and it still is not visible in Device Manager.  So strange.

Near the barcode on the back of my notebook I have:  

Model:  11-d001dx

SN: 5CD5230NDB

PN:  K3N14UA#ABA

Thanks again for the help!

W

HP Recommended

Start the Notebook and keep tapping F10 Key during the startup to access the BIOS
Once you get to the BIOS, Please press F5 or F9 Key to load setup defaults for the BIOS
Now let's press Esc/Escape Key. Save Changes and Exit - Yes

Restore BIOS to defaults and then try reinstalling this  sp71867.exe

As per the specification this driver should fix.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended

GBL,

Thank you for getting back with me so quickly!

This is frustrating.  Yesterday I got into BIOS by hitting ESC then F10.  Today that did not work.

Also hitting F10 as you suggested did not work.

My machine just goes straight to the HP screen and then comes on normally no matter which key I press.

I don't know what to do.

W

HP Recommended

Well, by going through the UEFI Firmware Settings, I managed to get into the BIOS and reset to the default settings.

Then I went back again and reinstalled the Synaptics Pointing Device Driver.  It states:

The drivers were successfully installed on this compute.  If a device came with your software, you can now connect it to this computer.

And below in the box is says:  Status - Ready to use

and - Device Updated.

Then I clicked on FINISH.

Sad to say but I restarted my HP Stream and STILL my touchpad does NOT work, and I still cannot find it in the list in Device Manager.

:Crying:

HP Recommended

We tried everything that we could, The best way to fix is to contact HP and verify whether its a Hardware issue.

Contact HP Technical Support over the Phone for further assistance without any delay to get your Notebook diagnosed and serviced by an authorized HP Certified Engineer

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended

GBL,

The driver I needed was the 

Intel Serial IO Driver without Connected Standby Support

Have a great day!

:generic:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.