Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre Pro x360 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am upgrade HP Spectre Pro x360 G2 with HP UHD Touchscreen Controller Firmware Update

(File name: sp74836) for HP Spectre x360 - 15t-ap000 CTO (ENERGY STAR).

Firmware upgrade is FAILURE!  Touch screen is not work.

1. How to restore firmware?

or

2. May be issue QHD Touchscreen Controller Firmware for  HP Spectre Pro x360 G2 <V1B05EA>?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The problem is solved ! 

Since yesterday is under the following link a firmware for the touch screen is available

New Firmeware for spectre x360 13 Touchscreen!

Look at:

http://support.hp.com/ch-de/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-13-4100-x360-convertible-pc/8499273/model...

"HP QHD Touchscreen Controller Firmware Update"  21.Nov.2016

The firmware could be installed without problems and the touchscreen was immediately available again.
The HP Active Pen 408 also works perfectly.

Greeting

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the below links (in an orderly fashion)

http://support.hp.com/ee-en/document/c02693833

if the above doesn't work: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02638587

Download drivers from : http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Spectre-x360-Convertible-PC-Series/7527520/model/7791778/driv...

if the touchscreen doesn't work on BIOS (access by restarting & tapping on F10) : contact HP for an LCD replacement via 1800-474-6836.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have also done the firmware updrage, and the touch screen does not work anymore.

I did whatever is said here, and a full factory re install, and the screen does not work.

I've sent a essage to HP support, I hope they will answer. How to go back to factory firmware and make the touch screen work again.

HP Recommended
On BIOS the touch screen option is not visible. And on windows the options is not available neither.
I think the system does not knows that it has a touch screen but don't know how to put it back to work
HP Recommended

Hi, Ernesto

Upgrade BIOS, drivers, reset system etc. doesn't help in my case.

I think touchscreen is good, but I put incorrect firmware into controller.

So system does not see touchscreen (on hardware level) because controller does not work.

I hope what HP make upgrade for touchscreen controller firmware for my laptop and then everything will work.

HP Recommended
Hi ASKlim

Thank you very much for ypur comment.

Yes, you are right, I did all that and it didn'twork.

I hope HP will upgrade or publish a touscreen controller firmware. I still have no reaction or answer from them

Let's see this week. I am frustated with this issue, sincerely except this, I like a lot the spectre, it's really light and powerfull. I have the x360 g2 with the i7 6600, 500 gb of hd and 8 gb if ram. It's really a nice piece of art in such a light and thin envelop.

I was trying simply to use a stylus pen with it.

Let's see.
HP Recommended

Done. Contacted HP and they will replace the PC.

HP Recommended

I wonder why HP is reluctant to release a touch screen driver on HP Support. I don't believe the touch screen issue due to a missing driver or hardware detection failure can only be resolved by screen replacement which is a much more expensive solution. What a loss for HP.

HP Recommended

Exactly! I'm out of warranty and just because a crappy firmware from their site runined my firmware shouldn't mean I need an LCD replacement. I just need the firmware for the touchscreen! HP please help!

HP Recommended

Hello

Well, after contacting HP CUstomer Services, they first try to solve the problem on-line, but it didn't worked out. And, finally, they've changed the PC. Now, all it's working OK. So, apparently it was a hardware problem.

Customer Services was good, I cannot complaint, I rather congratulate HP services. A good Customer Service is becoming rare these days, that's a good value. Thanks HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.