Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My Hp Pavillion X360 keeps freezing. I'll be in the middle of doing my work and mouse stops moving. Onmy bought a month ago and have been patient with this issue but now its getting on my nerves. In order for me to move it i have to either wait a while or use the touch screen or hold the right button to move it for a bit.

Iv done the mouse test and its says its passed but the problem is still there. What can i do to fix it please ? Thankyou
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Z1899

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I understand that the Touchpad keeps freezing  randomly.

I'd like to help

I suggest you update the Touchpad Driver from Device Manager

- In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
- In the list of devices, look for Mice and other pointing device, expand the list
- Right-click the Touchpad driver and select Update Driver Software.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the updated driver.
- Restart your computer to complete the installation of the updates.

Ensure you complete all the Windows update.

Click Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

Then download the BIOS from Here

You can refer to this Link: hp.care/2bygf7l for help in locating the Product Number.

Note: Enter the Product Number, Select the OS version and download the BIOS

Keep the Notebook under observation and let me know if the issue persists.

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Z1899

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I understand that the Touchpad keeps freezing  randomly.

I'd like to help

I suggest you update the Touchpad Driver from Device Manager

- In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
- In the list of devices, look for Mice and other pointing device, expand the list
- Right-click the Touchpad driver and select Update Driver Software.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the updated driver.
- Restart your computer to complete the installation of the updates.

Ensure you complete all the Windows update.

Click Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

Then download the BIOS from Here

You can refer to this Link: hp.care/2bygf7l for help in locating the Product Number.

Note: Enter the Product Number, Select the OS version and download the BIOS

Keep the Notebook under observation and let me know if the issue persists.

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended
I actually fixed by the online chat of HP on my Laptop and talking to them about it. They went into my laptop and fixed it for me and did what you just said.
I appreciate your help though thankyou.
HP Recommended

Hi @Z1899

I'm glad you were able to get this issue sorted out. Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a Message anytime you need help.

Thank you. 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

When I'm typing on my ProBook 650 G3, the touchpad keeps freezing because of whatever impact I'm making on the touchpad, and I'll have to stop what I'm doing and double tap where that little light is to release the lock on the cursor.  Can I not disable this function?  Very annoying.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.