Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: HP OMEN 17-AN199NF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello eveyone ! I received a week ago a new computer : HP OMEN 17-AN199NF.

I want to change the settings of the touchpad to have a vertical scrolling that is faster when using two fingers on the touchpad.

When opening the parameters for the touchpad I have no options to set things except the sensibility. Nothing else appears here. When clicking on additional settings, it opens the mouse settings and there is no synaptics options that appear.

I saw that this might be a problem that is encountered by several people and i have yet to find a solution. I tried to download a synaptics app on the windows store, it won't let me install it (I tried to reset the store etc, nothing works). I tried updating the drivers of the touchpad, or using older drivers, it doesn't work either, the synaptics settings never appear. I tried a synaptics app provided on the MSI support and it doesn't work, and finally I tried a dell setting that works for some settings but is not that good for the vertical scrolling that i want to change.

Is there no way to install the synaptics tools on that computer? No way to make the synaptics settings appear somewhere?

I'm desperate 😞 Thank you for your help ! 

I have a HP OMEN with windows 10, 64bits, Synaptics SMbus touchpad with v19.5.35.41 drivers installed.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @flox38

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the Touchpad issue. 

Let's try these steps -

1) Right click on the start or Windows icon and open the "Device Manager".

2) Expand the "Mice and other pointing devices".

3) Right click TouchPad and then click on uninstall and restart the computer. 

Also, try updating the computer - 

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.

1 - tried uninstalling from the device manager. Didnt help.

2 - Latest Windows updates installed.

3 - latest SA updates installed.

Nothing changed.

HP Recommended

@Sporting

Try performing a Cloud Recovery - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Asmita6658 and thank you for taking the time to respond!

I'm sorry but everything is up to date and it still doesn't work. I have seen some people online complaining about the same issues and it does seem hard to fix. The computer is new, it is really upsetting not being able to tweek the touchpad to my liking. The scrolling is really slow and it bothers me.

I just want to be able to install a synaptics application or something that lets me change the settings...

I better keep hoping for now I guess

HP Recommended

Allright after days of searching and one hour today I juste found an unorthodox solution that works for me :

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-precision-touchpad-drivers

I replaced the drivers with other drivers and I have (finally!) now parameters to control the scolling speed  under the touchpad section of the windows parameters. Whereas there was nothing before.

I leave the link here if someone has the use.

Bye !

HP Recommended

@flox38
Thank you for posting back. 

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.