Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I just bought a new HP active stylus, and it works fine with a surface laptop, however when I try it with my HP envy it doesn't work at all. My finger works with the HP envy touchscreen, but the HP active stylus doesn't and neither does a surface pen. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the touchscreen driver, and updating my system.

The screen is fine with my finger, but seems to not work with active styluses. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for the help in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Youngie1996

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

What is the exact product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Click here:https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05166879 to know consumer computers compatible with HP pens and styluses.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

It is the HP Envy x360 15-bq0xx

HP Recommended

@Youngie1996

Thank you for posting back. 

Is this first-time setup? (apart from surface pro )
Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok well I chose that I have the same question which technically I do except I have the HP Spectre x2 detachable 12-c004tu and am thoroughly confused as to what the problem is.  The HP 1MR94AA pen I have works fine on the 2 HP Pavilion X360's I have access to and the same as the HP Envy original question my finger works absolutely fine too.  Any suggestions to help solve this will be much appreciated.

HP Recommended

@Lelion,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the touchscreen on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue facing the issue, then follow the below steps to install all the Windows updates.

Open the Settings menu and go to Update & security > Windows Update. Click Check for updates to prompt your PC to scan for the latest updates. The update will be downloaded and installed automatically. Click Restart Now to restart your PC and complete the installation process.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.