Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy Notebook 13-ab0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, 

I recently purchased a HP V28 4K monitor, as I wished to use this as a second monitor (already have one connected to my laptop's only HDMI port). 

I have tried to connect this monitor to my laptop's USB-C port, but the monitor just states that there's 'no input signal'. 

Is this USB-C port not capable of video output? 

The monitor works fine, if I connect straight from the laptop's HDMI. All drivers are up to date. 

I even bought a HP Envy USB-C Hub, and tried the HDMI and Display ports from there, but still no joy. 

Should I give up and just try a HDMI splitter from the HDMI port (in which case, presumably I won't be able to achieve a 4K 60Hz image on the monitors?). 

TIA for any help / advice offered. 

ColeTheEskimo

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ColeTheEskimo

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need the product number of your computer.

Follow the steps in the below article to find the product details.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi The Fossette, 

Thank you for responding to my cry for help..!

My product number is: 1DL55EA#ABU

Further to the info that I provided originally; I have since tried a USB-C to DisplayPort cable (in Alt Mode), but this doesn't work either. Here's the link to that cable, which I thought may do the trick:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01E9RTEI8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I look forward to hearing from you, and to hopefully eventually being able to get my 2 HP products to talk to one another..!

Cheers, 

ColeTheEskimo

HP Recommended

@ColeTheEskimo

Thank you for the information.

The USB C port on your computer doesn't support display and you will not be able to connect a display to the port.

I hope that answers your question.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi The_Fossette, 

Thank you for clearing that up for me. Disappointing, but at least I now know not to waste any more time on that now. 

Do you know whether I can use a HDMI splitter instead (1 to 2), without losing much image quality? (I would like to get a decent picture on the 4K 60Hz 2nd monitor, though suspect that this will not be possible when using a splitter.

Please share your thoughts.

Cole The Eskimo

HP Recommended

@ColeTheEskimo

Yes, splitters are not suitable for high-resolution monitors.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.