Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
I have the 2016 x360 15t.  I tried the Plugable dock ULTC4K and it did not work at all.  USB C, HDMI & VGA interfaces all failed.  I returned the dock the same day for refund.

Thanks anyway.
HP Recommended

The info from wow... he has a 2016 15" x360, and yes it does not behave as my late 2017 version, suggests that HP engineers were probably pushed and pulled by HP design specs, cost restraints, and whatever for every  iteration of this computer after they went to the 8th generation Kaby lake.  Their official excuse appears to be we didn't warrant such level of service because we weren't business customers.

I bet those engineers are laughing at us while we're asking "mr robot" why there is no outward functionality of this model.

Did they really have to disable the alt-c (HDMI) when users plugged in USB 3.1 to increase functionality (a dock)?

No, but  unless you use the HDMI port on the computer, there is no support for docking HDMI via displayport.

I still assume that my computer will not drive two monitors over displaylink, but I haven't tested it (Hardware decision).

And pterabyte, how could usb-c not charge your computer?  The brick has a usb-c terminus!  My made up stuff is that unless minimum wattage is provided at the proper voltage, HP software rejects the input but if sufficent says "bad boy, this is not an HP brick".

HP Recommended

Narco,

Good luck with a return.  If you really like the machine, you could insist on the 2018 version, because I believe they're fixed all the **bleep** (I hope).

HP Recommended

@spectored wrote:

And pterabyte, how could usb-c not charge your computer?  The brick has a usb-c terminus!  My made up stuff is that unless minimum wattage is provided at the proper voltage, HP software rejects the input but if sufficent says "bad boy, this is not an HP brick".

I didn't say the USB-C does not charge the computer.  The USB-C dock does not, it has 60watt power supply while the usb-c brick that comes with the computer is a 90watt power supply.  The USB-C does functions otherwise with the dived and drives dual monitors like a dock should, it just won't charge the laptop when turned on.  It does charge it when turned off, albeit slower than the 90wall brick but that is pretty usless. 

If you want to use external monitors, the USB-C dock works but have to plug in the dock and the 90watt usb-c charger at the same time.

HP Recommended
It looks like the issue isn’t fixed on the 2018 model. I’ve just bought the Spectre 15 Vega M model with 8th Gen I7 with the Omen EGPU. The Thunderbolt connection works fine for games but the laptop refuses to charge. I contacted support and they reckon it’s because the laptop charger is 150w on this model and TB3 can only deliver 100W. I argued it should still charge albeit at a slower rate. They disagreed. The message I get basically says a higher powered charger is needed. I’m interested if anyone knows if there is a way to disable this message in Windows or is it triggered at bios level?

I’m going to keep the laptop but it is a pain having to plug both TB3 and Power cables in.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.