Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

After I clicked the Orange button and allowed HP to search for updates I tried clicking the "Scan my product" button in blue but nothing happened and I tried this a couple times.

HP Recommended

Hello xBellaable,

Thank you for updating, if nothing has happened generally that means they are up to date already.

Next is to select your operating system and in the select a download section you will want to make sure your chipset drivers are updated

Then uninstall and reinstall the Cyberlink YouCam Software found in the software - Multimedia (3) section.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

For the chipset driver, should I download version 9  (Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver) or 7 (Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver)?

Btw thanks for replying so quickly.

HP Recommended

Hello xBellaable,

Your welcome, I am eager to get to the bottom of this with you. Download version 9.

HP Recommended

I uninstalled and reinstalled Cyberlink Youcam, but it is still saying the same thing after I try to open the program 😞

I did this multiple times

HP Recommended

Hello xBellaable,

Okay, what operating system do you have there I have not asked you that yet.

Can you please run the HP support assistant and run the tune up to clear up all temporary files, also check for updates in the updates and tune up section.

Did you change your screen resolution or brand of monitors? Before this occurred was anything out the ordinary.

HP Recommended

Microsoft Windows 7 (64bit)

I will do that, but I'm actually typing an essay right now so I'll start the tune up a little later and let you know how that goes. Thanks for your consistent help.

&No I have not changed the brand of monitors, and not that I know of.

HP Recommended

I did the tune up and cleared all temporary files and checked for updates but there are none.

HP Recommended

Hello xBellaable,

Okay, please run this HP PC Hardware Diagnostics and let me know what it says at the end verbatim. 

HP Recommended

It says no malware was found. 

viruses: 0

spyware: 0

riskware: 0

I copied the link here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Frontier\apps\ComputerSecurity\Anti-Virus\FSAV_REP.HTM

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.