Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook - 17-g187
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavilion Notebook - 17-g187cy  touch screen runnin windows 10 (64 bit)  and I've had it for a little less than a year. Lately, I've noticed that while charging the videos that I'm watching (youtube, facebook, movies, etc.) turn black and white. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's starting to happen more frequently than not and it's a little annoying. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the graphics and nada. Anyone else have any idea why this is happening and how I can fix this? Thanks, in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @irockcrowns,

Good Day! 🙂 Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! 🙂 Hope you are doing well. 🙂 I reviewed the post about videos turning black when the charger is plugged in. It will be a delight to assist you here. 🙂

Splendid analysis. Fabulous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 It is always a genuine pleasure to work with customers that display such a degree of technical expertise. You are a valued HP customer. It is a genuine pleasure to serve you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• When did this first occur?
  • Have you tried with a different adapter if you could get hold of one?

• If the issue occurred in the recent past, please try a system restore to an earlier time before the issue occurred. Link for system restore: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545
  • and follow the option “Restore your computer when Windows starts normally”
  • If this does not fix the issue then please uninstall the graphics drivers from device manager and check the box to delete the driver software also.

• Then restart the computer and update the bios, chipset and graphic drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers and check again.

• Also, uninstall the ACPI drivers under the  “batteries option” from device manager and restart the computer and check again.

• Then go to control panel> Power options> Balanced> Change plan settings> Change advanced power settings> in the drop down select High Performance and push apply. Then in the list of options that show up expand multimedia settings>When playing video>plugged in>select optimize video quality and check again.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

Happy holidays to you and your family. 🙂​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @irockcrowns,

Good Day! 🙂 Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! 🙂 Hope you are doing well. 🙂 I reviewed the post about videos turning black when the charger is plugged in. It will be a delight to assist you here. 🙂

Splendid analysis. Fabulous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 It is always a genuine pleasure to work with customers that display such a degree of technical expertise. You are a valued HP customer. It is a genuine pleasure to serve you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• When did this first occur?
  • Have you tried with a different adapter if you could get hold of one?

• If the issue occurred in the recent past, please try a system restore to an earlier time before the issue occurred. Link for system restore: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545
  • and follow the option “Restore your computer when Windows starts normally”
  • If this does not fix the issue then please uninstall the graphics drivers from device manager and check the box to delete the driver software also.

• Then restart the computer and update the bios, chipset and graphic drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers and check again.

• Also, uninstall the ACPI drivers under the  “batteries option” from device manager and restart the computer and check again.

• Then go to control panel> Power options> Balanced> Change plan settings> Change advanced power settings> in the drop down select High Performance and push apply. Then in the list of options that show up expand multimedia settings>When playing video>plugged in>select optimize video quality and check again.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

Happy holidays to you and your family. 🙂​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks David. I did a reset and everything is working again.

HP Recommended

Hi @irockcrowns,

I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. I am also really glad that the issue has been resolved. 🙂 I've done all I can to assist you here. 🙂 I genuinely hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.:) 

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

Happy holidays to you and your family. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My BIOS is up-to-date, so do I just update the chipset and grahpics drivers? It can be helpful if reply ASAP. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.