Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

So the one you and I have is actually just the "HP pen" but the one we should have got is the "HP tilt pen" based on the newer correct naming?

Was it a hassle to explain to them the situation on the phone? Because I will be contacting them as well and referncing this thread for the explanation.

Oh and did they say you have to send back the "HP pen" or do you just get to keep both?

HP Recommended
Yes you and I have received HP pen instead of HP tilt pen based on new correct naming. There is no such thing called HP digital pen.

I have initially contacted HP sales support via chat and the person over the chat said that someone will call me. Next day someone called me and I explained the issue again and he understood the issue ok and he sent a few emails to confirm the pen I received and the correct pen.

Today I received another email that I need to return the pen I received. I will follow up that. I just wish the HP tilt pen becomes available soon. Given custom order of HP Spectre x360 can be done with correct HP tile pen now, they must have products ready or being
made. I just don't understand why support person cant just order replacement to make this easy instead of gift card thing.
HP Recommended
So there is no digital pen. The top model is the HP Tilt Pen?
HP Recommended

Yes that is correct the digital pen does not exist, it was a mistake in naming and the tilt pen is the best one you can get.

HP Recommended

Okay thanks for the info and help. I'll be contacting them soon. Did they give you a time frame of when to return the pen? or can you wait until you order and receive the new pen to return your old one? Asking because I need some sort of pen to use in the meantime, can't really go without one.

So technically, we saved $10 because they were supposed to charge 30 for the tilt pen but we paid 20? lol

HP Recommended
So HP has corrected the site and is issuing refunds for those who accidentally order it. Why are the charging 30 now? Does anybody know?
HP Recommended

@csin_86 wrote:

Okay thanks for the info and help. I'll be contacting them soon. Did they give you a time frame of when to return the pen? or can you wait until you order and receive the new pen to return your old one? Asking because I need some sort of pen to use in the meantime, can't really go without one.

So technically, we saved $10 because they were supposed to charge 30 for the tilt pen but we paid 20? lol

The return time frame was immediate, so I had the same concern that I want to keep using the pen until replacement is ready. Unfortunately I missed the call from support person today and he left voice message that he will be contacting me on Monday again. I will voice my concern and will update you here.

I will also ask if he can now just order replacement for me instead of gift card which is a hassle especially given the HP Tilt Pen stand alone is out of stock from HP.com and everywhere else, it seems. Not sure what the reason is.

HP Recommended

@EvenNotOdd wrote:
So HP has corrected the site and is issuing refunds for those who accidentally order it. Why are the charging 30 now? Does anybody know?

I can guess it is because the price of HP Pen is $59.99 and HP Tilt Pen is $89.99 which is exactly $30 dollor difference. 

I have no clue on why it was $20 first place and why they have listed it as "HP Digital Pen" which is non-existing product as far as I can tell.

HP Pen = $59.99

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-pen

HP Tilt Pen = $89.99

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-tilt-pen-p-2my21aa-abl-1

HP Recommended

Just to add some details for other people:

I found Amazon's HP Tilt Pen listing actually has most information:

https://www.amazon.com/HP-2MY21AA-ABB-Bluetooth-Touchscreen/dp/B077M9WT61

And here is differnt model names used given how confusing HP's model number system is:

1SC98AV (Dark Ash Silver) / 1TD47AV (Natural Silver)
HP SPS: 929863-001 (Dark Ash Silver) / 929863-002 (Natural Silver)
HP Product Number: 2MY21AA#ABB
UPC#: 191628638260

NOTE: If your pen doesn't have rechargable battery and Bluetooth eraser button, it is not a Tilt pen. 
HP Recommended
Very helpful. Thanks!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.