Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

is there an active pen available for the Spectre 15?

many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

under support, software & drivers, spectre x360 15t, firmware:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-15-ap000-x360-convertible-pc/9256669/mode...

Titled HP Touch Controller Firmware Uupdate, 1.00,A,1 Rev.A 

Another posted said to extract the files from the executable (I used winrar, he used 7-zip; I figure any zip app can do it), then run the bat file.  Works now!!!

I find the Dell stylus much more responsive than the HP stylus.

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
HP Recommended

Yes  Check out the HP store online or buy one from a vendor. Just do a Google search for HP Active pen.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

supposedly, any Synaptics active stylus pen will work.  I have both the Dell and HP Active Styluses.  Both work fine on the 13 inch model.  But the 15 inch model is NOT working; it will not recognize either stylus.  a firmware driver stating that it fixes the pen issue was posted this past weekend, but it fails to install properly.  So, don't rush to buy a pen yet - it'll just collect dust until the fix is fixed.

HP Recommended
Hi jjh42, thanks for the info.

Just so I'm clear, the current state of play is that the hardware is in place for a synaptics active pen, but the drivers aren't there yet. I wasn't sure on the hardware side as I couldn't find any pen settings...

Where did you get the drivers?

HP Recommended

under support, software & drivers, spectre x360 15t, firmware:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-15-ap000-x360-convertible-pc/9256669/mode...

Titled HP Touch Controller Firmware Uupdate, 1.00,A,1 Rev.A 

Another posted said to extract the files from the executable (I used winrar, he used 7-zip; I figure any zip app can do it), then run the bat file.  Works now!!!

I find the Dell stylus much more responsive than the HP stylus.

HP Recommended

many thanks,

based on this I went out and got a Dell 'Venue Active Stylus' apparently compatible with Venue 8 Pro and Venue 11 Pro, and about £22 - so no big loss if it didnt work.

I tried your trick with the unzipping the drivers and running the batch file

end result - I now have pen computing!

for the record the model I have is:

HP Spectre x360 - 15-ap005na (ENERGY STAR)

Model #: T1D62EA

I want the pen interface so I can make simple sketches in one note. I cannot comment on pressure sensitivity, but the accuracy seems pretty good.

with regards

Richard

HP Recommended

@ricksum

Can you tell me the part number of the Venue active stylus and where you purchased it from?

I am looking for one as well and the reviews on the A03 model are good.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

The pen I bought came from Amazon.co.uk

the description was:

DELL 750-AAHC - ACTIVE STYLUS - VENUE 11 PRO (7140)

Hope this helps

R

HP Recommended

@ricksum wrote:

The pen I bought came from Amazon.co.uk

the description was:

DELL 750-AAHC - ACTIVE STYLUS - VENUE 11 PRO (7140)

Hope this helps

R

It does. I just ordered one.

Thanks!  🙂

HP Recommended

hi, i have a spectre 360 x 13-4102tu

Model #: N8L41PA

I have a DELL active pen (Dell Active Stylus Pen Digitizer For Venue 8/11 Pro Tablet REV A01)....do you know how i can get it working?.

It seems to register on the screen ...ie allows me to highlight tabs ...but i cant do anything else.

I can't seem to get to the firmware link on this thread either.....do i need that (how can i get it)?.

please help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.