Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17-G113cy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i need MAJOR advice.  something has happened to the screen on my laptop.  we were in one class room and has to move and i did not have the blue lines before the move.  once we got to the other class room i thought my web browser was being stupid but once i closed it out and they stayed i was very concerned.  i decided to reboot my laptop and they were there while the laptop was booting.  i really dont want to have to purchase a new panel for my laptop because i am saving my money for other things in life.   can i get the part number for the panel if i need to purchase a new one?  

Please remember to select the answer
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory WITHOUT ERASING ANY PERSONAL DATA.

It just takes off all the residual charge from capacitors in internal motherboard circuitry.

Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

The HP part numbers you need for
Product Number: N5Y68UA
Description: HP Pavilion Notebook - 17-g133cy (ENERGY STAR) are:

Part No: 809292-001
Description: LCD CABLE HD

Part No: 809313-001
Description: LCD RAW PANEL 17.3 WLED BV HD+

Get notebook checked to identify exact source of issue before replacement

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended
Hi,

What is the correct full model name, product number of your laptop? Please verify.

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00033108

Do a hard reset and check if it resolved: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01684768

It can be either display connector cable became loose or damaged while moving or display panel itself damaged.

You may have to first try disconnecting and reconnecting connector cable carefully and check. Get help from certified technician to do this for you.

After you provide me with correct product number, I would be able to give you HP part number of display panel and connector cable.

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

N5Y68U1#ABA is the full model number.  sadly doing a reset is not an option as i can not be bothered with reinstalling and reconfiguring my laptop.  i will look into the display connection an report back but i think the panel itself is damaged.

HP Recommended

well i disconnected and reconnected the cable for the display and i checked the cable it self or as much as i could but sadly to no effect it made.  i am not quite sure it is the panel that is the problem which really sucks because the laptop is only about 1 or one and a half years old and my grandma bought it for me.  i dont believe i did anything to the laptop while transporting it but it still sucks cause i might have to get a new panel.

HP Recommended

A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory WITHOUT ERASING ANY PERSONAL DATA.

It just takes off all the residual charge from capacitors in internal motherboard circuitry.

Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

The HP part numbers you need for
Product Number: N5Y68UA
Description: HP Pavilion Notebook - 17-g133cy (ENERGY STAR) are:

Part No: 809292-001
Description: LCD CABLE HD

Part No: 809313-001
Description: LCD RAW PANEL 17.3 WLED BV HD+

Get notebook checked to identify exact source of issue before replacement
HP Recommended

thank you for the info.  i plan to purchase a new panel some time soon.  i did unplug and replug the display cable but to no effect and i have a second monitor plugged in right now with no problems that i can see.  most likely what happened is that when i put it in my bag or when i sat it down it put some unneeded pressure on the screen at just the right spot to cause the panel to become damaged.  at least it is not the entire screen and that the laptop is still 100% usable.

HP Recommended

You're welcome.

Sure.

HP Recommended

ok something weird is now happening.  the blue lines went away but when i move the screen i let random things happening.  i am starting to sonder if the cable is the problem. 

HP Recommended

Yes that is cable fault mostly.

HP Recommended

I am going to look into it more before i go out and purchase anything.  Purchasing a new cable is no problem but changing the cable out is going to be the problem as i have a chance of breaking the display panel.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.