Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 cs-2590nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The laptop arrived yesterday. I installed it today. When I watch Netflix or YouTube in fullscreen mode the colors in the screen start to change rapidly from "cold" to "warm" and back. 

I have no clue what the problem is. When i watch the same video in "small" screen mode there is no problem…...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Seebus Welcome to HP Community!

It's possible the night mode is enabled on your device, the same could cause such changes, please disable the same using the below steps:

1. Open the Start Menu.

2. Click the gear icon to bring up the Settings Menu.

3. Choose System

4. Select Display.

5. Toggle the Night light switch to Off.

6. Or Click Night light settings to adjust the level of blue displayed, or determine the time for Night Light to activate automatically. 

If the issue persists, please update the flash player of your device using this link: Click here for steps, once done, use the below steps to disable adaptive brightness and check if the issue is resolved:
(The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

1. Click on the Start button, then search for "Power Options" and launch the corresponding Control panel section.
  2. Edit Plan Settings > Simply click on "Change plan settings" on whichever power plan you're on or want to change.
  3. Now click on "Change advanced power settings" to launch the Power Options Advanced Settings.
  4. Adjust Adaptive Brightness > Scroll down until you get to the "Display" section and click on the plus sign to show the sub menus. Now click on the plus sign next to "Enable adaptive brightness" to expose its settings.
  5. Change the settings as you desire, then hit OK to save and exit.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Seebus Welcome to HP Community!

It's possible the night mode is enabled on your device, the same could cause such changes, please disable the same using the below steps:

1. Open the Start Menu.

2. Click the gear icon to bring up the Settings Menu.

3. Choose System

4. Select Display.

5. Toggle the Night light switch to Off.

6. Or Click Night light settings to adjust the level of blue displayed, or determine the time for Night Light to activate automatically. 

If the issue persists, please update the flash player of your device using this link: Click here for steps, once done, use the below steps to disable adaptive brightness and check if the issue is resolved:
(The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

1. Click on the Start button, then search for "Power Options" and launch the corresponding Control panel section.
  2. Edit Plan Settings > Simply click on "Change plan settings" on whichever power plan you're on or want to change.
  3. Now click on "Change advanced power settings" to launch the Power Options Advanced Settings.
  4. Adjust Adaptive Brightness > Scroll down until you get to the "Display" section and click on the plus sign to show the sub menus. Now click on the plus sign next to "Enable adaptive brightness" to expose its settings.
  5. Change the settings as you desire, then hit OK to save and exit.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I changed the settings in windows 10. Netflix now uses the nvidia videocard instead of intel inside. The probleem is solved.

Thank you for your efforts.

Warm Regards

**bleep**

HP Recommended

@Seebus Thanks for the update, I'm glad the issue is resolved,

Feel free to write to us if you need anything else & have an awesome day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.