Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Stream Notebook - 11-d010na
Microsoft Windows XP
Hi I was using laptop yesterday when it just crashed. Now the screen is black I cant shut it down properly so power light is blinking. When I turn it on I see the arrow but can't do anything. I have it less than a year.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @frosty34, 

Thank you very much for getting back to me so quickly! I appreciate your response. 

If you have a removable battery, please take the battery out of your Notebook. While the battery is out, please plug in the power adapter and see if the Notebook will start. 

Have you tried to clean out all of the vents in the Notebook? 

Do you hear the fan spinning when you press the power button on the Notebook? If not, please follow the steps in The computer does not receive power (no noise or lights) section. 

Have you tried performing a hard reset?

What was the error message that you received?

Do you have any beep codes or blinking LED lights on the Notebook?

Have you done a BIOS reset?

Please try the troubleshooting above and let me know the answers to the questions. The answers to these questions will help narrow down which direction to take so that I can provide you with the most accurate troubleshooting. 

I hope this helps! 

Please let me know! 

Thanks! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi there @frosty34, 

I would like to welcome you to the HP Support Community where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help with the issues you experience. If my reply resolves your issue or answer your question(s), please click the Accept as Solution button to allow others to find the solution. 

I have looked into your issue with the HP Stream Notebook - 11-d010na giving you a black screen. Please plug the power adapter directly into a functioning wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause an issue.

What were you doing when the Notebook crashed (i.e watching a video, playing a game, using a word program, on facebook etc)?

Did you receive any error messages?

Have you done any updates on the Notebook?

If the battery light LED flashes, the battery has insufficient charge to start the computer.

1. Check the AC adapter to confirm that all of the plugs are securely seated.

2. Connect the notebook to AC power and attempt to start the computer again.

3. Check the AC adapter to confirm that all of the plugs are securely seated.

4. If the AC adapter features an LED power indicator, check to see if the AC adapter LED is lit to verify that the computer is receiving power from the wall outlet.

5. If the computer operates on AC power correctly, charge the battery for thirty minutes to one hour, and then restart the computer.

I looked at the product specifications and seen that this Notebook came with Windows 8 but you are using Windows XP. This type of downgrade can be challenging. There are no drivers available for any Operating System older than Windows 8.1 for this Notebook and that could be difficult when driver updates are needed to resolve problems. 

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos. 

Looking forward to your response!

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended
Thanks for your reply. It probably is windows 8 I am using wasn't sure when I ticked box. Was using Microsoft word when it crashed. I plugged in adaptor and tried to start it but still have black screen and arrow on that.
HP Recommended
I haven't done any updates. I did receive and error message before it happened
HP Recommended

Hi there @frosty34, 

Thank you very much for getting back to me so quickly! I appreciate your response. 

If you have a removable battery, please take the battery out of your Notebook. While the battery is out, please plug in the power adapter and see if the Notebook will start. 

Have you tried to clean out all of the vents in the Notebook? 

Do you hear the fan spinning when you press the power button on the Notebook? If not, please follow the steps in The computer does not receive power (no noise or lights) section. 

Have you tried performing a hard reset?

What was the error message that you received?

Do you have any beep codes or blinking LED lights on the Notebook?

Have you done a BIOS reset?

Please try the troubleshooting above and let me know the answers to the questions. The answers to these questions will help narrow down which direction to take so that I can provide you with the most accurate troubleshooting. 

I hope this helps! 

Please let me know! 

Thanks! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.