Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Life long learner?
HP Recommended
The cracked screen replacement $275, my time spent on service, plus the constant fear of future screen cracks, AND the fear of the extreme unexpected fragility of the unit has certainly taken down the pleasure of ownership. If I had known...
Obviously a hard case is in order. I just don't know how fragile it is, given its screen's low resistance to any form of compression or pressure.
HP Recommended

Customer induced damage.  That's what HP called it.  Placing it on my couch with no cracks, leaving for a weekend coming home and opening it to find a V shaped crack at the bottom of the screen.  They are willing to work with me on the $300 charge to get the screen fixed.  Work with me. . . .Ha.  Will find another course of action to get my issue resolved.

HP Recommended

My screen just cracked in the middle of the night!!!

I've been using the laptop for no more than 2 months.

The past 2 weeks the laptop has not left my desk whatsoever. I wake up and open the spectre to use, and I notice the screen is cracked.

I am furius as this is a BRAND NEW laptop and I know its hasn't left my desk. I also have not flipped the screen over at all or done anything that may have caused it to crack.

This is clearly a defect and I can't believe HP is not taking responsibility for this damaged device which we pay so much for!!!

I will never buy an HP device again and I will make sure that no one I know buys one either.

Clearly so many people are experiencing the same issue and it is complete nonsense that HP is ignoring it and making people pay. I refuse to support HP with any more money theye don't deserve a single bit of it.

NEVER BUY HP AGAIN!!!!

HP Recommended

So I sent my Spectre x360 for service under my Care Pack.

1. The tech told me I didn't wait the 1 month required before filing a claim, which was never mentioned to me and I couldn't find it anywhere

2. The crack was deemed "preexisting" issue and thus unclaimable. I asked about this with the tech support rep before I bought the service and I was assured I could be covered.

3. They sent it back to me without fixing it...and now the screen is MORE cracked than when I sent it out (the crack was originally isolated to the upper left of the display and now it runs down the entire display).

And of course this isn't mentioning the fact the FRICKING SCREEN CRACKED ON ITS OWN IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Ridiculous. I'm not even sure the computer is usable anymore because my screen seems to generate random touches now.

HP is a joke. You market defective products then blame the user when it's clearly epedemic.

Don't think I'll be giving you any business again. I'm sticking with Dell for laptops.

HP Recommended

SolidSonicTH-

You should be able to fix the random touches by going into the device manager and disabling the touch screen.

Thank you for contributing to the thread. Hopefully if it gets big enough HP will take notice. 

HP Recommended

Add one more to the list.  Was watching a movie in the kitchen, shut down the laptop, came back the next day to find fairly significant cracking on the screen.  Now the touch won't work on the majority of the right side of my screen.  Definitely not thrilled since I bought the laptop as a gift for my fiance only about 6 months ago...

HP Recommended

Purchased Spectre 360 13-4103dx  in December 2015.  I've read a lot about cracked screens.  I'm a little skeptical that a screen would "spontaneously" crack although I won't go so far as to say I think it's impossible.  Stranger things have happened.  That being said, I'm convinced that the screens/cases are of inadequate design.  It sounds like some (most?) of the "user induced" damage occurred in the course of reasonable activity such as opening or closing the laptop.  They shouldn't need to be handled like TNT in a crystal goblet.

Since I became aware of the extremely delicate nature of the display I have been VERY careful in my handling of it.  I carefully open and close it ONLY from the center and I'm very careful to not do anything that would flex the display, whether open or closed.  As much as possible, I handle it with TWO hands when moving it.  I somewhat resent having to treat it so delicately but I'm generally very happy with it and I don't want to to have to send it in for an expensive repair.

My main reason for posting here is that I want to have a written record of my awareness of the tendency for these screens to crack and to state (ahead of time) that I make every reasonable effort to handle my device with the utmost care.  Hopefully HP will figure out the defect or design flaw that allows this to happen.  I hope they are able to offer remedies for those affected that don't cost a fortune.  Good luck, all.

HP Recommended

My screen broke without me even touching it when I was on an airplane. It was open in front of me and it suddenly cracked. It didn't touch anything, I didn't break it. HP on the other hand wants me to pay for it. I had a colleague sitting by my side, being same freaked about it, but HP calls me a 'liar' by teling me it must have been me, handling the product wrong. - how, whilst not touching it, I destroyed it? 

I am outraged, since it is the 3rd hp laptop in 3 months, that is faulty.

The first laptop had a severe software malfunction and I was able to return it within the given 14 days, the second one had the same problem plus a bad touchpad, also I could return it right away. Now this one worked fine for around 2 months. After two months the screen cracks in front of my eyes, it has white flashes and picture fallouts and they really want me to pay for this?! I don't think so.

Obviouls hp is not taking care of proper quality checks anymore but takes money like the big ones. DO NOT BUY this computer! Or any other hp product. 

PS: for months my workflow is corrupted and nobody pays me for it, hp. What do you say about this. Not talking about driving back and forth and numberous emails and phone calls, to arrange the return of the other computers.

HP Recommended
There's any official answer from HP regarding this flaw?

I have been using hp computers last 20 years; for Christmas I Bougth 2 of this beautiful Spectre X360, one for my daugther and the other one for me.

I am a very careful owner about my electronics; but today after using my X360 when I was closing the screen holding with two fingers I hear this terrible crack! Its amazing the feeling its like crack an egg; amizangly fragil.

Do we expect to recieve an answer here? Or we need to go with the normal and painful procedure that I just read for all the others crackers?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.