Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Thank you so much. It worked!
I had tried everything else o the Internet and nothing worked. I tapped twice and the mouse was released.
HP Recommended

I have installed synaptic touchpad...but i could not either lock or unlock my mousepad....so what should i do now???pls tell me............

HP Recommended

I have an hp pavillion beats audio touchpad  laptop

somehow my laptop is set to touch screen only and i can't use my mouse.  how do i fix this

HP Recommended

You are quite correct, I did accidently turn it off. Thanks for your help, your advice was correct.

HP Recommended

Well/ Where is the answer?

@BuntyB wrote:

Many thanks for 1) posting this eternal query!  and 2) for answering it in an easy-to-follow way. It's good to know I'm not the only eejit to accidentally lose my mouse.

HP Recommended

There is no circle like area on my paqd.  Help

@mathkid421 wrote:

Not clicking the left corner, I have a Pavilion g7 with intel Core i3 and you need to tap the circle like area of the mousepad 

HP Recommended

Where are the answers on here??????

HP Recommended
Hi I HV an Acer an my cursor on the touch pad has dissapered help please
HP Recommended
I HV n acer windows 10 my touchpad cursor ain't working please help
HP Recommended

if you have turned off the touch pad/mouse, a small orange light will light up in the top left corner of the Touch Pad. Tap twice on the light, and it should go out, you should see a touch pad icon in the middle of your screen (with no slash through it), and it should begin  to work again.

When my Touch Pad stopped working, I must have inadvertantly tapped on the spot where the orange light is, twice, deactivating it. Right when it happened, the touch pad icon appeared in the middle of my screen with the slash through the icon, and the Touch Pad immediately stopped working.

Such a frustrating thing, because all the other "reactivation" guidance I received did not work, and I tapped on the orange light hoping it would somehow reactivate it. By blind dumb luck it worked.

Good luck! I hope it is the same on all HPs. It's possible the guidance to go to the Control Panel works on some models. It did not work on mine, and it was frustrating to lose 15 minutes hunting for a solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.