Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Thankyou for the tip. I appreciate it. The "double click step" worked!

HP Recommended

Many thanks for 1) posting this eternal query!  and 2) for answering it in an easy-to-follow way. It's good to know I'm not the only eejit to accidentally lose my mouse.

HP Recommended

Not clicking the left corner, I have a Pavilion g7 with intel Core i3 and you need to tap the circle like area of the mousepad 

HP Recommended
Yes same model and same issue
HP Recommended
Thanks it help
HP Recommended
I have a HP 8570p and the mousepad isn't working. The light isn't on the left corner of the pad and double tap doesn't work. I was able to bring up the task manager and I is going crazy. Please help
HP Recommended

Thanks, it was an instant support for me

HP Recommended

@JakeGill wrote:

Some how I turned off the touch pad/mouse thing and can't figure out how to turn it back on. Please help me!

@JakeGill wrote:

Some how I turned off the touch pad/mouse thing and can't figure out how to turn it back on. Please help me!

I tried tapping on left side in the upper corner. It didn't work. I'm a quad, therefore have limited use od my hands. I''m always accidently  tapping. That causes me all kinds of problems. i need it diabled, period. All I need is the right and left buttons and of course, the scroll. Please help me. I went into my mouse settings and the touchpad settiings don't even show. I have windows 8.

HP Recommended

Double clicking the touchpad doesn't work for me. I have an Acer Aspire E1-572. Please Help

HP Recommended

Excellent - your suggestio to go Start, Mouse, open Mounse, then enable touchpad worked perfectly for my HP ProBook

Marvellous - I have no idea how I disabled the touchpad but suspect I dorkily hit a Fn key combination by accident.

Thanks so much

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.