Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook 11.6
Chrome OS

When watching a movie on my chromebook the progress bar and volume bar dissappear when switching to full screen but when projecting onto my TV, the bars won't dissappear. I have searched the web for hours with no success. Anyone have the solution?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Kevdog1 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the progress bar and volume bar of the video will disappear while switching the full screen.

Please refer to the below link to troubleshoot the issue.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03665293

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen 196,

I think you have not read my request in full. The problem is when I link to the TV via hdmi cable, the progress bar and volume bar does NOT go away i.e. it is visible all the time.

I hope you can help solve this irritation.

HP Recommended

@Kevdog1

Thank you for the update.

Have you tried with a different HDMI cable?

Sometimes you need an adapter cable to do this. To learn what type of cable you need, check the instructions included with your Chromebook.

1. Find the display output and input ports on your Chromebook. (If you’re not sure which ports to use, check the instructions included with your Chromebook.)
  2. Use these two ports to find the correct adapter (ex. DisplayPort to HDMI).
  3. Plug the adapter into the monitor, then into your Chromebook.

Show your Chromebook screen on your monitor

1. At the bottom right, select the time.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. In the "Device" section, select Displays.
  4. Select Mirror Internal Display. Your screen will show on all connected monitors.

Tip: To view your Chromebook screen only on your monitor, press and hold Decrease brightness.

Adjust your screens

1. At the bottom right, select the time.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. In the "Device" section, select Displays.
  4. To adjust your Chromebook screen, select Internal Display. To adjust your monitor screen, select the name of the monitor.
    • Make items on your screen smaller or larger: In the "Display size" section, choose an option.
    • Rotate the screen: In the "Orientation" section, choose an option.
  5. [Optional] Under your monitor tab, you can also:
    • Change screen sharpness: In the "Resolution" section, choose an option.

Tip: To quickly move windows or apps from one screen to another, on your keyboard, press Search Search Alt + m.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

I have solved my problem. All I needed to do was make the TV the primary device.

Thanks for trying to help me!

HP Recommended

@Kevdog1 

Thank you for the update.

In the future, If you have any other concerns. Please get back to us.

We will assist you.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.