Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp stream 13

i got a laptop with a broken screen ... it seemed to run fine except it wont show up on my t.v ... i tired the windows button + P but at the time the screen was turning on and then off immediately .. so i found on another forum how to get to the first menue .. but i still cant get it on the t.v and i cant see the screen to do a reset or anything .. is there anything i can do to make this work short of buying a new screen which is almost as much as the laptops worth i appreciate any help

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

No.   If you can't get to the Esc or F11 menu to restore the Stream it is pretty much hosed. 

Are you using an HDMI cable to connect to a TV? 

You would actually a greater chance of success connecting to an external Display instead of an HDTV.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I believe i fot to the f11 menue i just xant see it to restore the computer .. is there a walkthrough procedure i can do without seing the mwnues to try to restore it?

HP Recommended

And yes i am using an hdmi cable 🙂

HP Recommended

The reason for the flicker is the output resolution of the HP Stream.

As I suggested, connect it  with an HDMI cable to an LCD desktop PC display.

If it displays normally, that bit of troubleshooting lets you know the issue is only the display. 

It still won't be worth replacing the Stream's display unless you can find one dirt cheap on eBay and install it yourself.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

i got it to stop turning on and off by getting to the esc menu ... i need to know what to do from there .. like step by step buttons to press without being able to see ... it still wont come up on my monitor when i use my hdmi to digital input cord with my monitor .. i think i need to reformat it

i have another hp laptop i could try to mirrow the process myself but i think they are different windows versions

HP Recommended

@mikey4205 wrote:

i got it to stop turning on and off by getting to the esc menu ... i need to know what to do from there .. like step by step buttons to press without being able to see ... it still wont come up on my monitor when i use my hdmi to digital input cord with my monitor .. i think i need to reformat it

i have another hp laptop i could try to mirrow the process myself but i think they are different windows versions

HDMI is already digital. What is an HDMI to digital input cord?   It must be some kind of gender changing cable.  What brand  of display are you using?

Sorry, I can't provide directions on doing a recovery blind. That is a new one on me.   Reformat what?  Did you mean to say recover or reset?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.