04-11-2017 09:27 PM
HP Support Assistant lists an update available for "HP Pen Control". The update downloads, however the installation process had been up for about half an hour without completing, before I gave up. I have tried rebooting the machine and trying again, with no luck.
Solved! View Solution.
Re: update to HP Pen Control not installing
04-16-2017 06:20 PM
Update, Problem Solved
In HP Support Assistant - About - Check for Latest Version:
Update to version 18.104.22.168 to solve these issues.
Hope this helped,
04-12-2017 01:25 AM
What is the full model name, product number of your laptop?
HP support assistant software is sometimes glitchy. I'll suggest you to uninstall current version and reinstall latest from here: http://www8.hp.com/in/en/campaigns/hpsupportassist
Did you see if any latest updated version are there in your support page for HP pen control?
Click "THUMBS UP ICON" to say "Thank you"
Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" and help others find this fix/answer quickly
04-13-2017 08:27 AM
Spent about an hour with the help desk and they had to manually install the pen update. They said there is an HP Support Assistant fix for this being worked on right now. Said it should be resolved in about a week.
04-13-2017 11:00 AM - edited 04-13-2017 11:03 AM
Thank you for interacting with the help desk, Richard79, that sounds promising.
Visruth: thank you for the suggestions. I have not tried reinstalling the Support Assistant yet. Although based on Richard79's post, I think I'll wait until the new HP Assistant is ready. As for what model of computer I'm experiencing this on, it is listed in the first post's header: HP Spectre x360 15.
I did try something which progressed further than before, but I don't know if it worked or not. It did go through an installation process, but then a popup came up asking if the installation was successful, so I checked the box stating that I am unsure. For the record, here's what I did:
1) I ended the process named "setup.exe", as well as some other setup process whose name I can't recall. These processes had stuck around despite rebooting the machine.
2) I renamed all “sp#####” folders in C:\SWSetup. If this is attempted without doing  first, then the OS complains that the files are in use.
3) I then ussed HP Support Assistant to try to install the “HP Pen Control” update by clicking the blue install icon. I did NOT use the checkbox + “download and install” button, because the blue-button approach had gone a little further in past trials. this will launch a separate installer.
Looking at HP Pen control, it lists its version as 22.214.171.124, with a 2016 copyright.
I gotta say, I'm excited to see if my earlier pen adjustable offset request was implemented. =) Probably not, but one can dream.
04-15-2017 01:26 PM
Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Forums.
I understand that you are looking for assistance with HP Pen control and Intel Serial IO driver is not getting installed on your computer.
May I know the exact product number of your computer? Click here.
I have brought your issue to the attention of the concerned department within HP and I will revert back to you within 3 business days.
Will keep you posted.
I am an HP Employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)