Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-e0000 (2V8Z4AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

my usb-c displayport function does not work when i connect the display.
as shown in the picture it should be displayport compatible
the port still works for data transfer
I have already tried to update several drivers including the bios but I can't get it to work
and the same monitor works fine on my hp probook so it can't be that either

(sorry for the bad English it's not my primairy language)

Webopname_23-6-2022_215019_www.hp.com.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@RobinSon6 

How do you connect them ? You need a right USB-C monitor or a right USB-C to DP adapter. In many cases, USB-C to HDMI adapters won't work, please don't ask me why.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have a usb-c to vga adapter but when i plug that usb-c adaoter in my other laptop it instantly detects it and gives a display output 

HP Recommended

@RobinSon6 

Not all USB-C ports are the same, specially on HP machines. Finding them out from one machine to another machine could take time. I don't have a lot of HP machines to test, I only test on my 3 HP machines namely HP Elitebook 840 G5, HP Omen 15-dc0071tx  and HP Envy x360 15-ee0047nr  which have USB-C ports with DP and they all work.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

So you would recommend a USB C to DisplayPort cable? Or the HP USB C to DisplayPort adapter? Does it matter? Does it need to be a HP adapter?

HP Recommended

I specifically bought a usb-c adapter from the hp store at the time since the compatible devices list said my model was compatible (Victus by HP Laptop 16-e0687n) so I don't think the adapter was the problem but more with the software ofz and are there drivers accessible somewhere specifically for the usb c port or is it with a package of the bios or input devices

HP Recommended

So have you found the solution? Cause my usb c port is still not working to connect to a external monitor? If you have solved this issue could you please tell me how? Thanks.

HP Recommended

Still why is my usb c to hdmi not working? It was working at first and then I did some updates and suddenly it doesn't work anymore. The support I've gotten has been really bad and no one seems to know how to help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.