Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every day a msg "display driver failed to start"appears on screen and screen goes blank. After updating drivers, it's all sound. Also on screen physical phonetic keyboard is not seen. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@samirash You should totally try to reinstall your graphics card driver if updating or rolling back the driver didn’t work for you. Follow these steps to reinstall graphics driver.

Step 1: Repeat the Step 1 and Step 2 that are mentioned in Method #1, but instead of selecting the Update Driver option, select the Uninstall option.

Step 2: Now, if you have Intel graphics driver installed, simply go to your PC manufacturer’s website to download the latest graphics driver compatible with your PC and Windows version. If you use NVIDIA or AMD graphics card, then go to their respective websites and download the latest driver compatible with your graphics card model and PC.

Step 3: Run the downloaded driver file to install it on your PC.

When the installation is complete, you will have to restart your PC. After restarting, see if you fixed the Display Driver Failed To Start error. If not, try out the next method.

Reinstall Windows 10 Without Losing Personal Files

Although this method is one of the sure shot methods to get rid of the Display Driver Failed To Start error in Windows 10, it is not recommended unless there are no options left. You will be able to preserve your personal data, but all the software and apps installed on your PC will be lost. If you are ready, let’s go through the steps to Reinstall Windows 10:

Step 1: Click open the Windows Start menu, and select the Settings option there.

Step 2: In the Settings window, click on the Update & security option.

Step 3: In Update & security window, go to the Recovery option.

Step 4: In the Recovery window, the first option that you will find is the Reset this PC option. There, click on the Get started button.

Step 5: Now, you will get two options. Here, you have to click on the Keep my files option. Mind you again, that all your apps and settings will be removed, but not the personal files.

Once you select that, a wizard will help you reset or you can say, reinstall Windows 10 on your PC. Once the reinstall is complete, your Display Driver Failed To Start Windows 10 error would have been fixed.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@samirash You should totally try to reinstall your graphics card driver if updating or rolling back the driver didn’t work for you. Follow these steps to reinstall graphics driver.

Step 1: Repeat the Step 1 and Step 2 that are mentioned in Method #1, but instead of selecting the Update Driver option, select the Uninstall option.

Step 2: Now, if you have Intel graphics driver installed, simply go to your PC manufacturer’s website to download the latest graphics driver compatible with your PC and Windows version. If you use NVIDIA or AMD graphics card, then go to their respective websites and download the latest driver compatible with your graphics card model and PC.

Step 3: Run the downloaded driver file to install it on your PC.

When the installation is complete, you will have to restart your PC. After restarting, see if you fixed the Display Driver Failed To Start error. If not, try out the next method.

Reinstall Windows 10 Without Losing Personal Files

Although this method is one of the sure shot methods to get rid of the Display Driver Failed To Start error in Windows 10, it is not recommended unless there are no options left. You will be able to preserve your personal data, but all the software and apps installed on your PC will be lost. If you are ready, let’s go through the steps to Reinstall Windows 10:

Step 1: Click open the Windows Start menu, and select the Settings option there.

Step 2: In the Settings window, click on the Update & security option.

Step 3: In Update & security window, go to the Recovery option.

Step 4: In the Recovery window, the first option that you will find is the Reset this PC option. There, click on the Get started button.

Step 5: Now, you will get two options. Here, you have to click on the Keep my files option. Mind you again, that all your apps and settings will be removed, but not the personal files.

Once you select that, a wizard will help you reset or you can say, reinstall Windows 10 on your PC. Once the reinstall is complete, your Display Driver Failed To Start Windows 10 error would have been fixed.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks. I have re installed the driver and it is working properly. will keep you posted, Thanks.

HP Recommended

@samirash Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute to identifying and leading you towards the solution.

Thanks for honoring us by accepting our post as the solution, as it helps the community grow.

You can always click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos,

Take care and have an awesome week ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.