Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP G62-b01SL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i installed windows10 on my laptop G62-b01sl, all was good except the pictures, i think is a problem with graphic, driver HD5000/HD4200, when i draw a circle become oval, i tried to change resolution but i have only: 1024x768 max o lower 800x600 bad.

I looked for a new driver but all useless, the windows update does non fix this probem, i run update for 6 months.

I have to accept to see pictrue larger than normal, (circle become oval!) or the only solution is reinstall windows7?

(i changed with windows 10, only for still using my email hotmail, no longer supported without running w10.)

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

gino49

orry to be the bearer of bad news, but the problem you're up against is that Microsoft only supplies drivers with the most basic functionality, and what you really need for FULL functionality is the specialized drivers written for the specific hardware found in your HP PC -- and unfortunately, there are no HP Win10 drivers for your PC. HP only guarantees Win10 compatibility for machines made after August, 2013. HP does not have any schedule indicating when, or IF, they will be producing drivers for the older machines.

This means that your PC is most likely NEVER going to be fully functional under Win10 because the drivers is needs for full functionality simply do not exist!  

To restore full functionality, you would need torestore your PC to its original pre-installed OS.

While Microsoft tells you that there is no risk in the Win10 Upgrade, because they let you believe that you can always revert back to your original OS and setup within 30 days, the ugly fact of the matter is that the Win10 GoBack function has proven to be unreliable -- and when it fails, it can leave machines in a corrupted state -- which doesn't always happen, but it does happen often enough to be a problem and you won't get any warning in advance that it is going to trash your PC!

If that is not bad enough, the Win10 Upgrade is know, in some cases, to corrupt the Recovery partition stored there by the OEM that built the original machine.  This pretty much guarantees that no HP Recovery is going to work.

And, unfortunately, HP no longer stocks recovery media for the older Win7 PCs.  You would need to check these other sites to see if they carry it:  http://www.computersurgeons.com/  and http://www.restoredisks.com/

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

thanks very much for your attention, at this point a abandon further tials for fix the problem. Bye

HP Recommended

May this be of any help:

I hav my HP G62-B10SD fully running now for several months on Wondows 10.

This one has the ATI Radeon HD 5470 graphics Card, along with the Intel 3000.

The clue with the graphics driver is that you should download the latest ATI Radeon Graphics package from the HP support site, suitable for Windows 7 x64

Then run the installer. The files are copied to c:\swsetup.

Cancel the installer.

Go to device settings, select your Graphics adapter (in my case the HD 5470)

Update the driver with 'Browse My Computer for Driver Software' (else you gwet the annoying message that your driver is already the latest)

Browse to folder 'C:\swsetup\sp#####\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF' (maybe the 'W76A' term may be different for your model.

In my case (after a couple of reboots and sudden power downs during the driver install) everything is working now

My Device manager is showing:

- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series

- Intel(R) HD Graphics

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.