Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY TS SLEEKBOOK 4-1203SA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, I have the new Microsoft Edge installed on my computer as my default browser. I also have Beats Audio (on Windows 10 64-bit). I have lately suffering a problem with my Bluetooth headset not playing audio through any video on my browser. The headset does play audio through apps on my pc but not on Edge. I have Beats Audio installed on my PC. I tried to uninstall the driver for Beats Audio and reinstall it to see if it makes a difference. After uninstalling it I tested my Bluetooth with  default Microsoft drivers (automatically installed) on a video on Microsoft Edge and it worked! However, I wanted Beats Audio so I reinstalled it's driver. Even after reinstalling it I didn't get Bluetooth to work on Microsoft Edge. I want Beats Audio on my computer as well as my Bluetooth audio to work on Microsoft Edge but need a solution to fix it. Is there any possible way to fix this?

Please reply as soon as possible,

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Aksp 

My personal opinion:

Microsoft Edge is built to work with Windows - but it is not necessarily going to support "not-Microsoft" drivers or software.

Although Edge is better than its predecessors, it is still Microsoft-centric.

You can recheck your App and permission settings.

Check the Sound settings to ensure the headset is selected / enabled

This is not likely going to change anything relevant - just a check and see...

Control Panel > icon view > Sound 

Tab Playback 

Select / check / enable the sound device you want to use.

Click Apply to save changes

====================================================

Permissions

Settings > Privacy >

Check / Adjust settings

Also, perhaps relevant

Consider setting permission "location" setting to "ON"

Consider...

Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > More Bluetooth options (menu - right side)

Under Discovery > Check box "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC"

Click Apply to save changes

Reference and Resources – Places to find help, solve problems, and learn about your Device

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

OR

HP ENVY TouchSmart 4-1200 Sleekbook

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

This didn't work but I fixed the issue by reinstalling the browser again.

Now everything works

Thank You for your time and support. - Much appreciated 

HP Recommended

@Aksp 

Makes sense - Edge is pure Microsoft and should work with Windows 10 - the general setup would not normally flake.

Thanks for posting back.

For those reading, Edge does provide a "Reset" feature

Three horizontal .... (upper right corner of Edge browser)

Settings > Reset Settings

At this writing, the Reset Message:

Reset settings

This will reset your startup page, new tab page, search engine, and pinned tabs. It will also disable all extensions and clear temporary data like cookies. Your favorites, history and saved passwords will not be cleared.

Happy Browsing.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.