Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 -P077TX
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi

The bluetooth device suddenly dissapeared from device manager and I can't find a way to solve this problem. This happened while I was using Windows 10. I did a factory reset to windows 8.1 and still the problem remains unsolved.Also  one of the USB contollers is not working (showing a yellow caution symbol). A code 43 error is displayed when i check the properties of this unknown USB device. Here's a screenshot of my device manager. Please help!

Screenshot (1).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Jugal_Padhan,

Thanks for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I would suggest please update the BIOS, Chipset and Wi-Fi card drivers for your PC, from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

I hope this should do the trick. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @Jugal_Padhan,

Thanks for visiting the HP community. A very good day to you!  I read the post regarding Bluetooth issues with the computer. I will be delighted to assist you here. 

You’ve done an excellent job on diagnosing the issue from your end. Superb effort and great diagnosis were done as well.  Kudos to you on that score. . I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 

For better clarity and to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you check by pairing multiple devices to your computer via Bluetooth?
  • Has your Bluetooth feature stopped working completely and when did it last work?

It could be a hardware issue with the Bluetooth device.

The Bluetooth feature and the wireless feature of your computer is on a single combo card.

Please check the product specs from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-15-p000-notebook-pc-series/6936226/model/7280165/do...

For now please try these steps:

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is very critical to resolving the issue.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. I'm always there to assist you. Please reach out anytime.

Cheers!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I installed the Broadcom bluetooth driver. Now it worked for sometime and when i restarted the pc,there was no bluetooth. This availability of bluetooth in device manager is random. Sometime it is there and sometimes not.

Also this has been affecting the functionality of my wifi driver. Turning on and off the wifi manually doesn't work sometimes.I have to restart the pc for it to work again.

I think the wireless card is faulty or some other problem in motherboard.
HP Recommended

Hi @Jugal_Padhan,

Thanks for the update,

I would suggest please update the BIOS, Chipset and Wi-Fi card drivers for your PC, from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

I hope this should do the trick. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Updating BIOS and chipset driver did the work for now.Just to be sure, I will be looking out for few days for the stability of the devices and drivers installed.

Thanks for the help, Jeet. I am highly grateful to you.

HP Recommended

Hi @Jugal_Padhan,

Thank you for the update,

I'm glad I could contribute towards resolving the issue and finding the solution you were looking for.
Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

Please keep the PC under observation and check how it performs. 

If you need any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.
I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had the same thing happen just now on my Spectre 13"  X360.  Missing Bluetooth and error with an "unidentifiable" USB device.  After following the advice to update/re-install the various drivers for chipset, WLAN, BT, and updated my BIOS, nothing had changed. 

I then simply uninstalled the bad unidentifiable USB device, rebooted, and voila: my Bluetooth device was back!  Now it seems to work OK.  No errors with USB devices. 

I'm suspecting heat.  This laptop can get very warm almost hot at times...

HP Recommended

I take it back!  The BT device went away again, and is showing up as a bad USB device.   It must be a defective card.  Good thing I bought extended warranty.  Hope they can fix it.

HP Recommended

I have tried to do the above and it did not resolve my issue. 

HP Recommended

It's been a while since this problem showed, up, went away and came back - however, I did fix it.  It turned out to be the Windows driver for the Intel chipset didn't work.  I uninstalled that and got the correct driver directly from Intel.  That fixed the problem.  Not just on one Spectre X360, but also the one my wife uses.  Although my machine had other problems, bad MOBO, that were corrected with warranty work, the BT was fixed with the proper drivers from Intel directly.  Hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.