Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Elitebook 8460p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
  • Hello Sir/Mam
  • I am using Hp Elitebook 8460p with Windows 10 64bit  Operating system but I am unable to use Bluetooth I tried lot of Softwares and Drivers but nothing worked
  • My Laptop has BROADCOM BCM92070MD _REF 6 Bluetooth card....
  • Please help me so that I can use Bluetooth in my Laptop that will your biggest kindness for me....
  • Here is the image of Bluetooth Card my Laptop has.....👇👇👇IMG_20201103_193816.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Most likely when you upgraded the PC from W7 to W10, the Bluetooth was turned of in the connection manager software.

That software does not work on any OS newer than W7, so you have two options...

The easy one is to make a bootable Ubuntu installer.

Boot from the Ubuntu installer, and select the option to 'Try Ubuntu without installing."

Turn on the Bluetooth in Ubuntu.   Shut down the PC, remove the installer, turn on the PC and when you get back into Windows, W10 will install the Bluetooth driver and the Bluetooth should work again.

Ubuntu download link...you want the desktop version.

https://ubuntu.com/download

Tutorial for how to make the file bootable...

https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows#1-overview

The hard way is to reinstall W7, install the HP connection manager software from your notebook's support page, turn on the bluetooth in the connection manager software.

Uninstall the HP connection manager software, restart the PC, verify that the Bluetooth is still present and then upgrade back to W10.

HP Recommended

Once again,

Hello Sir,

I tried online ubuntu

But when I clicked on Bluetooth in settings it is showing NO BLUETOOTH ADAPTERS FOUND....

{A9A1DDC8-34EF-4F01-B6E7-D8DA848EC81B}.png.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi:

Then it must be one of two things...

1. The Bluetooth is disabled in the BIOS.

Go into the BIOS and make sure the BT is enabled.

2. If BT is present and enabled in the BIOS, then the BT adapter must be no good.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.