Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17-e148ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,  I can't find Bluetooth on my HP pavilion Pavilion 17-e148ca. I had it on windows 8.1, but after update it's gone. 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-17-e100-Notebook-PC-series/5401229/model/6825874/doc...      shows bluetooth in wireless Connectivity.

I found no bluetooth in Device Manager.

Does HP support 17-e148ca for windows 10, or it is time to renew my laptop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the parts list for your notebook it comes with a Ralink RT3290LE 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 combination adapter.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=F9A50UA

Did you try the W10 Ralink bluetooth driver?

This package contains the driver installation package for the Mediatek/Ralink Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71572.exe

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the parts list for your notebook it comes with a Ralink RT3290LE 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 combination adapter.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=F9A50UA

Did you try the W10 Ralink bluetooth driver?

This package contains the driver installation package for the Mediatek/Ralink Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. 

HP Recommended

You helped!!! It's working right now..

Thank you a lot!!!

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same HP laptop and had the same problem (bluetooth disapperaed from action center, devices in all settings, and device manager as well).  I followed the same procedure and have installed the driver.  Bluetooth is back now, but when I try to make it discoverable, a message window of 'bluetoth service error' opens up saying that bluetooth device might be unplugged and discoverability settings can't be saved.  I also noticed that in 'COM Ports' tab in the bluetooth settings window/panel, blue wheel keeps spinning.Bluetooth Screen Shot 3.PNGBluetooth Screen Shot 4.PNG

Bluetooth Screen Shot 2.PNGBluetooth Screen Shot 1.PNG

HP Recommended

I reinstalled the driver (without manually uninstalling the existing installation).  Reinstallation uninstalls the existing installation, Reinstallation restarts the machine twice.  I think it first installs the network adapter, restart, intalls bluetooth adapter and then restarts again.  Bluetooth working again like before.

Here is the link for the driver (Thanks to Paul_Tikannen - HP Expert).

See the network and bluetooth adapter names in the device manager screen shot below:

Device Manager Screen Shot:

No Bluetooth in Windows 10 All Settings Screen Shot.PNG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.